Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign-landlord tax rate

Options
  • 11-09-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am leaving the country at the end of the year for a few years and plan to rent out my apartment for the duration. I am having problems establishing how much rental income tax I'll be liable to pay. I won't be paying tax in Ireland whilst I am away. Can anyone provide me with some info?

I am aware of the various deductions on the annual rental income but am not sure how much of this is taxed and at what rate?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is a bit complicate and you might need to check with Revenue if a double taxation agreement will apply, depending on where you are going.

You would pay tax as normal - that is dependent on total income and credits.

Your tenant may be required to withhold 20% of the rent and pass it directly to the Revenue.

Advertisement