Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All over the Underworld

Options
  • 11-09-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

On my regular evening trawl of the Beeb site I see this -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20080910_underworld.shtml

In it Karl says

“It actually feels like the right medium for an artist to work in. We can control when and how to publish everything from a physical release that goes through a shop to, ‘here’s something we made last night on the bus,’ that we put out for free.

“We can make a web radio show or web television shows from the concerts. All of those things enable us to just feel like we’re in a system which suits an artist much better than the old system did.”

Has anyone here explored other avenues of Internet/Music adventures?

Podcasts?

A live Webstream either Audio or Video?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    On my regular evening trawl of the Beeb site I see this -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20080910_underworld.shtml

In it Karl says

“It actually feels like the right medium for an artist to work in. We can control when and how to publish everything from a physical release that goes through a shop to, ‘here’s something we made last night on the bus,’ that we put out for free.

“We can make a web radio show or web television shows from the concerts. All of those things enable us to just feel like we’re in a system which suits an artist much better than the old system did.”

Has anyone here explored other avenues of Internet/Music adventures?

Podcasts?

A live Webstream either Audio or Video?

I got a dummies guide to podcasting off my bro last christmas, if you want it you can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

dav nagle wrote: »
    I got a dummies guide to podcasting off my bro last christmas, if you want it you can have it.

Thanks Dav!

What I was asking was has anyone actually done Pod or Webcasting? - and what were their experiences

Advertisement