Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car tax question

Options
  • 11-09-2008 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi, Just got reg cert for new car, its registered in kildare, do I have to tax it with Kildare CC or can I tax it in Dublin? No option to do it online as I dont have the PIN. Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You have to either tax it with Kildare Co Co or online. If you were to tax it in Dublin then you need to have the address changed on the on the ownership document

edit: yif its a new car then the pin is something like the chassis no - someone will confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 briano2

cheers thanks for the rapid reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

briano2 wrote: »
    hi, Just got reg cert for new car, its registered in kildare, do I have to tax it with Kildare CC or can I tax it in Dublin? No option to do it online as I dont have the PIN. Cheers

Try the last six digits of your chassis number. That's the pin I got when registering my car back in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

last 6 digits only applies to newly registered cars.

Advertisement