Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ping Issues and cancellation

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

i have been a BT broadband customer for 1.5 months now and i must say its the worst experience i have ever had from any provider i have ever been with. i have the issue of ping times since the eircom upgrade was carried out and when i question the timeframe of the issue to be resolved i seem to get the response "there is nothing we can do as eircom do not recognise this as an issue" .. there is definitley an interleaving issue which they seem to have no interest in getting resolved as my numerous communications to them have proved pointless.

i was told by their tech support team that to resolve my issue i would have to drop to option 2 3Mb package yet when this was done my pings are still over 100ms :mad::mad: ... they have told me that if i was with eircom i would be able to get it sorted as they will help their own customers and not their re-sellers. i have made the point that i would like to return my services to eircom and have been informed that since there is no BT specific issue that i would be charged a termination fee.

i have got comreg involved now as this is the greatest load of sh*t ever.

i wouldn even recommend BT to my worst enemy at this stage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mattman

Im with BT for over a year now..and got great 3 meg broadband..

great pings of 18ms..

ever since the upgrade (7.6 meg) my pings are crap...about 100ms on cod4..

So after calling BT, they said there is nothing they can do to lower interleaving.

So simple answer..i switched from BT to Eircom today.

simple!

so "hopefully" when on the 3 meg package my pings will return.

Anyone else with bad ping times with Eircom ? on 3 meg package?

m.

note: the bt speeds are great..but i need pings not speed...wish they would train there staff on how broadband works !!

Advertisement