Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

1) Tutorials. How do you know if your registered to them? I know it shows up that your automatically registered to them in the Main Labs/Tut section, but was anyone else told like me, that they actually are not automatically registered and they must go and do so manually? Do they show up differently in your timetable?

2) Whats the difference between Seminars and 'SMG's'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

SRFC90 wrote: »
    1) Tutorials. How do you know if your registered to them? I know it shows up that your automatically registered to them in the Main Labs/Tut section, but was anyone else told like me, that they actually are not automatically registered and they must go and do so manually? Do they show up differently in your timetable?
    it depend,
    on if the modules are core, options or elective

for me it changed from "automatically registered" to "preselected" then i checked my timetable they were there

you could try going to your program office and keep asking them until they fix it for you
    sorry i don't know the anwser to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

There's not much of a difference except that SMG's are usually held in a classroom and you'll be expected to be more involved in discussions. Seminars are usually in a lecture hall and with the lecturer, depending on who that is though they may treat it as an SMG or as a second lecture.

Advertisement