Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie order server

• 12-09-2008 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Having tried a few classes from both sides I'm pretty sure I want to go order. However, these games are always more fun if you know some people playing...or even half know, as is the case with boards.ie.

Anyone else fancy going order and picking the same server ? I'll probably make a destruction alt and join the boards.ie guild but my main will be order on a different server.

Whos with me? :cool:

[edit] Server - KARAK EIGHT PEAKS

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm with you. I'll roll a chaos guy as well but this is a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Im in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

well im gonna have a wait and see which side is heavily populated first, i would prefer ot be on the side were we get zerged so i can kill more people compared to the side were we zerg and get less kills.

Tusky i tried my best to orginise a server to go on.. you decide :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm up for it. Haven't really tried many of the classes, but of the ones I have, I've prefered Order. As said before, we can jsut all pick two servers and have Order on one and Chaos on the other. Even if you create an alt you don't use, you'll still have to option to play either side when ever you want.

I have to say, I'm actually a little disappointed you can have an order and chaos character on the same server. I know it makes perfect sense not to allow it, but I would of liked to beat up my friends every now and again. :(

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

humanji wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm actually a little disappointed you can have an order and chaos character on the same server. I know it makes perfect sense not to allow it, but I would of liked to beat up my friends every now and again. :(

Yeah I agree. I really cannot understand any reason for not allowing it. I mean it worked out just fine in WoW. It was great fun changing to Horde & ganking your guild buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm pretty sure you couldn't in WoW either. At least not on the pvp servers.

PVE you could anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I kind of assume that they don't allow you to be on both sides on the one server to stop people being spies etc and giving one side an advantage. As you say, it's not really a problem for other games, but maybe with the more epic scope War has, the developers feared that it might cause an overly large amount of cheating swine. :D

That said though, it'd be more realistic to have spies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Guys - it would be ridiculous to allow people to play on both sides. I only got to lvl 40 in wow so I dont know high lvl pvp is like in it - but in DAOC massive surprise raids were organized to take keeps/steal relics. The element of surprise is really important. I imagine that it will be similar in WAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

filty midgard and there alarm clock raids :(

i tried a few of the order and im quite likeing them.. still unsure tho :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

I plan on playing both sides on different servers so I'm in for a boards order guild.

Tusky wrote: »
    Guys - it would be ridiculous to allow people to play on both sides. I only got to lvl 40 in wow so I dont know high lvl pvp is like in it - but in DAOC massive surprise raids were organized to take keeps/steal relics. The element of surprise is really important. I imagine that it will be similar in WAR.

Ah right. That explains it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

whatduck wrote: »
    I plan on playing both sides on different servers so I'm in for a boards order guild.
    Me too. Engineer looks kewl :D

Ok - so anyone who wants to play Order use this server - KARAK EIGHT PEAKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Tusky wrote: »
    Ok - so anyone who wants to play Order use this server - KARAK EIGHT PEAKS
    like when the proper game is released yeh?

DanOB wrote: »
    like when the proper game is released yeh?

Yep.

Advertisement