Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Shower not working properly

• 12-09-2008 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey y'all!
    Having problems with a recently installed Electric Shower in a newly built house. The problem is that its next to impossible to control the temperature of the water. When I turn it on at a medium heat setting (i.e. the temp you would have a shower on) its boiling hot, if I then turn it down slightly it goes stone cold. Also I can tell from the noise it makes that hotter the temp is the lower the pressure is and visa versa. Any ideas whats causing this? Sombody told me the water pressure maybe too low. Is there a pump I can buy to prevent this??
    Cheers,
    Jacko.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Check the filter if it's a MIRA and the head for blockage by limescale or grit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jack Duckworth

Will do but don't think thats the problem seeing as its a brand new shower but thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

if the dishwasher or washing machine is on at the same time as i shower it affects my shower in the same way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

what type of shower is it (most these days already have a pump). There could be a number of issues, like head of water you are dealing with or the temp control in the shower. Many makes like Mira and Triton have a help line where they will address the problem for you directly, Mira use to call out, dont know if they still do though, i think triton are the same, you could contact them and see what they say about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sparkyjo

just so you know the pressure issue is because the hotter the water you look for the more power is being used and you will find the power slightly being taken from the pump you've probably noticed the lights in your house slightly dip when the shower is turned on it nothing to worry bout

and the temp issue is probably a dodgy stat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

No that is not correct really, the shower uses the same power as you vary the temperature, you are varying the rate of water flow to get hotter or cooler water. You can select maybe heat 1 2 or 3 which does change the power by switching in different parts of the heating element.

But as you turn temperature up it increases the temperature of water by actually reducing the flow of water through the shower heating element, not by changing the power to shower. So when you turn up the temperature you are simply reducing the amount of water flowing and vice versa. It sounds like a water pessure problem, ie amybe a shower with no pump in it, a pumped shower is a must really, but it could be another problem depending on symptoms

Advertisement