Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 09 Demo on Live

• 12-09-2008 8:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Just got it late last night it took ages to get down for a 700MB file so only got two games so far.
    First impressions are the speed is good a lot faster but not too much. Shooting is improved a fair bit the side foot shot is a lot more accurate. The visuals are improved all round, addition of a linesman so you see the flag before the whistle. I did however concede two goals from rebounds off the bar. One was where I was defending a cross and the defender decided to head if off the bar and the ball kind of sits in the air giving the striker time to make the jump and time the head (which is class looking by the way), the next was a volley that hit the bar and exactly the same finish. This worried me as PES last year hit a 40 yard pile driver and hit the bar only for the ball to stop dead on the line. I will sit at this again this evening for a while before coming to any conclusions but so far it is an improvement but may have got a little "arcady" from last year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Its absolutley amazing.

I got it yesterday and played against the computer for 2 hours, then brought it to my mates house where 8 of us played it for 4 hours. So ive given the game a good play. Everyone who played it says they are in love with it. This is the closest thing to real football. PES has a big task on its hands this year because truthfully this is a work of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

It seemed ok to me, I havent bought a FIFA game in years as they usually are not as good for Multiplayer as PES, this demo seems to be an improvement and for the first time in years i will consider getting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Its absolutley amazing.
    This is the closest thing to real football. PES has a big task on its hands this year because truthfully this is a work of art.

Couldn't have put it better myself! It's sexy. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Interesting!!

I wonder what will Konami come up with?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Interesting!!

I wonder what will Konami come up with?

If it's anything like recent years, not much! or it's possibly even gone backwards even further (like last years version)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Tried it last night, quite impressed with it too. Liked the mini tutorial it had on the warmup screen too, explaining the skill moves. Framerate is a lot better this year, thought it was really bad last time so avoided it. Play is smoother too, thought each action was too distinct and unnatural before. Only concern is that I scored about 10 goals but hit the post/crossbar 5 times. Shooting too easy? Also the difference between beginner and intermediate is way too large!
    Beginner may as well be a 2player match with only one person active whilst I got my ass handed to me a few times in intermediate til I got used to it.

PES demo is supposedly out next week so we'll see how they compare then, but FIFA has done well this year. 10 v 10 online sounds great too, like a real match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

havnt played a fifa game since '03 properly. this is alien to me completely. It is so slow compared to pes i had to turn it off and go back for a game of pes. I dont think I can be converted no matter how good people say it is. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Spent all morning with it and it's stunning, the best football game I've ever played. FIFA caught up with PES last year and looks set to leave it way behind this time around. Imagine the 10v10 multiplayer.

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    It is so slow compared to pes i had to turn it off and go back for a game of pes.

It's slower, yes, but more realistic. PES is waaay too fast and arcadey (IMO, obviously) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I wasn't a fan of FIFA tbh, thought it was light years inferior to Pro Evo, played the UEFA 08 demo and thought it was pretty good. Downloaded the FIFA 09 demo last night and I love it! :)
    Such a playable game really, seems alot more realistic but not in a boring way. I'm sorry but it was definetly the online playablitiy that has put me off Pro Evo. If they sort it out I'll buy both, if they don't its FIFA only for me this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

ShaneU wrote: »

Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Thats a nice vid, must try out some of those skills!

Absolutely love the demo. Definitely going to pick up the game next month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

I hate Fifa and I hate demos but this was fantastic!

Advertisement