Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLASH! Charlie Gibson Interviews Palin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

This post has been deleted.

Because they are so different from the big wigs in Washington who have done such a great job so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

The Raven is absolutely right. Nobody is pretending that the McCain-Palin ticket is perfect. But people will still vote for McCain-Palin under the "lesser of two evils" philosophy, given that the alternative is to elect as president somebody who simply has no experience running anything, ever, and whose far-left economic policies will entirely derail the country.

bobbyjoe is absolutely right, you need to educate yourself more.
    Has no experience? there really is no point arguing with that..you don't have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Far left? Epic lolz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Maybe there are nightclasses or something in your area you could check out.

Yes, indeed, I said that Obama has no experience running anything, ever. Care to point out what he does have experience running? (Other than "for president"?)

I could, but i'm not here to entertain you. Look it up, i'm sure you're well able to research..chances are you already know anyway and in the back of your mind accept Obama is the best choice for President, no question at all.

What experience does Sarah Palin have? ..Except looking good for the camera..oh, but thats sexist, right? Well, she has experience being mayor of a town in Alaska nobody has heard of.

Go OBAMA!!

EDIT: Sarah is a hockey mom too, thats a great skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

He is not far left, he's actually center he just looks far left when you stand at the extremity that is Palin.

But the country is derailed ! The republicans have nearly bankrupted the economy, whipped up anti-american sentiment in every corner of the globe, split the nation with "your either with us or against us" bush mentality and completely ignored the calamity that is global warming with drill drill drill bull****.

Any idiot can see that 4 years of McCain will be 4 more of the same or worse!

Martyr, the reality here is that you can't cite anything

The reality is your statement is garbage, and you know it..and now? you want everyone here to argue with the statement you know isn't true?

You're obviously not stupid and would have taken the time to research both Sarah Palin and Barack Obama and make a judgement.

So now you want me to play a game? ..no thanks.

Better things to do with my time, you obviously don't.

• Advertisement

This is getting hilarious

Yeah..i'm 100% you're having a good laugh at everyone right now.
    Its pretty sad to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,266 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

While thats fascinating, this isn't the Discovery Channel. Lets stay focused.

He was a Community Organiser so I hear! Get that man an Oval Office stat!

Im not saying Obama isn't a very intelligent man, but what experience does he have as a leader of men? Besides being a Community Organiser and a Teacher? Handing out hall-passes is a far cry.

No, it's your inability to answer a straightforward question that's hilarious!

OK.

Please cite sources of Sarah Palin and John McCains experience.

Lets see your response.

And please stop using conservative newspapers...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Overheal wrote: »
    He was a Community Organiser so I hear! Get that man an Oval Office stat!

Im not saying Obama isn't a very intelligent man, but what experience does he have as a leader of men? Besides being a Community Organiser and a Teacher? Handing out hall-passes is a far cry.

He has none. But is experience really the key ingredient for a good leader? I think not. Bush had plenty of experience as governor of Texas and was he a good leader? No! Did John F. Kennedy have a lot of experience and was he a good leader? Mainly yes!

There are other characteristics that are more important for a good leader to have. First of all a good level of intelligence and knowledge is essential. The ability to inspire is a big one. The presidency is more than a management position he is the figure head and has to personify the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

dont mean to sound like a brown nose but that guy martyr is an intelectual pygmy compared to you so i dont know why your wasting time replying to his childish posts
    btw , what may i ask is your opinion on hillary clinton and had she been the nominee , would you have voted for her against mc cain

• Advertisement

Martyr, I'd like you first to answer the question I asked you.

No, please, if you cite the sources of information that prove Sarah Palin and John McCain are more suitable to run the U.S than Barack Obama, i'll go dig up sources of information to support Obama.

But i won't hold my breath.
    Why? Don't like hearing the other side of the story?

Story? ..whats the story?

sink wrote: »
    He has none. But is experience really the key ingredient for a good leader? I think not. Bush had plenty of experience as governor of Texas and was he a good leader? No! Did John F. Kennedy have a lot of experience and was he a good leader? Mainly yes!

There are other characteristics that are more important for a good leader to have. First of all a good level of intelligence and knowledge is essential. The ability to inspire is a big one. The presidency is more than a management position he is the figure head and has to personify the country.
    Theres no one Key ingredient here. But experience is a big one.

Yeah Obama has the Figurehead and the Inspiration thing going for him but a year later people are starting to ask OK Moses know that you've led us into the desert... whats your plan?

dont mean to sound like a brown nose but that guy martyr is an intelectual pygmy compared to you so i dont know why your wasting time replying to his childish posts
    btw , what may i ask is your opinion on hillary clinton and had she been the nominee , would you have voted for her against mc cain

i read alot about John McCain, Sarah Palin(what was available) and Barack Obama and I believe Barack Obama is the best man for the job.

And i couldn't be bothered citing all the information just for donegalfella to dismiss it..

My posts are childish? no more than anyone else arguing here with donegalfella.

and its you're..not your

y'all have a nice time arguing amongst yourselves.

Overheal wrote: »
    Theres no one Key ingredient here. But experience is a big one.

Yeah Obama has the Figurehead and the Inspiration thing going for him but a year later people are starting to ask OK Moses know that you've led us into the desert... whats your plan?

That's not his issue. He has a plan he has many plans he has plans coming out of his eyeballs. The main concern I have with him is that plans rarely survive contact intact, they need to evolve to accommodate oversights and changing circumstances. Since he has no executive management track record we don't know how he will react when things don't go according to plan. It's not a show stopper but it is a concern. He has experience as a lawyer and good lawyers adapt their strategy on the fly to fit changing circumstance in the court room however I can't find out if he ever took part in a real life court case or whether he was a back room litigator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Whatever one might think of the particular bias of American Thinker, there is no denying that the following quote aptly describes much of what has been expressed (or kept quiet), on this forum. It is interesting to read the full article to see an American view of a European perspective.

What Europeans are Saying about Sarah Palin
    A common theme running through much of European commentary is that Palin lacks qualifications; it is a critique European elites could, but will not, apply to Obama, presumably because he is a Democrat, and thus ideologically acceptable to Europe's enlightened class. Many Europeans lament that Palin is (according to Europeans) pushing the US presidential election into a battle of values rather than of policies, as if there is any real substance to Obama.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/09/what_europeans_are_saying_abou.html

Actually thinking about it the current circumstances in the presidential race with the entry of Palin is a good litmus test to see if he can adapt his strategy to changing circumstance. I will be watching closely over the next few weeks.

He's done alright in the past. He won the Democratic Ticket for me when he flipped the 3am phone call around.. it was just golden :)

The burning question is, is there anything in either ticket that makes them unelectable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

sink wrote: »
    Actually thinking about it the current circumstances in the presidential race with the entry of Palin is a good litmus test to see if he can adapt his strategy to changing circumstance. I will be watching closely over the next few weeks.
    That's a very good point, it will be interesting how he deals with not having all the attention, whether he can get the spotlight back or not.

Why do you think they didn't go with that ticket then? Was it Romney's Mormonism?

• Advertisement

the Mormon thing made him unrelatable to most americans. I preferred Huckabee myself but he thinks the Constitution is a piece of parchment that we can go ahead and rewrite whenever it suits us.... so he was unelectable too.

Advertisement