Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLASH! Charlie Gibson Interviews Palin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    We will hear that Democrat operatives send a small army to dig up any dirt they possibly can on Governor Palin,

Even factcheck.org has said the "airdrop" claim by the McCain camp is total BS.

*shudder* seriously you need to pick a better story then that. I mean they try to mention Pakistani, Obama, Heroin within the same paragraph.

Another point is "Did he deal drugs?" then links to a story which makes no mention what so ever of the claim.

Same story tries to claim that Obama lied to get a lease, when in fact the quoted story says the reverse.

Sorry but that story is total tosh. Please for the love of god actually research what you are reading or at the very least read the sources it mentions.
    we will know McCain and Palin. And realize there is just too much unknown about Obama to put our trust in for President,

Hmm, Which of those has released their full medical records? Or their full tax records of them and spouse?

Define unknowns.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Does he not believe that they should be at a certain level rather than afraid to use the term "raise taxes". At least Obama is not afraid to look after the more economically vunerable in the USA rather than the wealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Hobbes wrote: »
    Define unknowns.

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." - Donald Rusmfeld

Demands for military information were accompanied by threats to terminate my medical treatment if I did not cooperate. Eventually, I gave them my ship's name and squadron number, and confirmed that my target had been the power plant.

Incidentally you can read that quote directly from the book at Amazon. Giving military information to the enemy I believe is a no-no.
    O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/2008/01/28/john-mccain-prisoner-of-war-a-first-person-account.html?PageNr=2

He even mentions later in that story that what he did was wrong.
    In 2007. Why don't you try to do better than except one year from a 27-year political career?

Well he did 100% this year. Is that better?

Would his intended target not have been a military secret?

• Advertisement

Your the one who seems to think it is an issue. You tell me. Those who were interviewed during that time spoke highly of Obama, or refused to talk to press because "Even talking to a Muslim makes Obama a muslim to the Republican party" (sic).

In fact I see lame half ass attempts to claim Obama is a drug fiend based on the outcome of others he knew around that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

Please for the love of god actually research what you are reading or at the very least read the sources it mentions.

Now that's funny! Especially from the ones that agonized over the Palin belly bump stories, originating from the daily dung spun at the Daily Kos.

What some here fail or refuse to recognize is the hypocrisy of the media.

Interesting that you are for liberalisation of all markets but the one example where it turned to disaster you try to pawn off to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,266 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So it is OK to disclosure military secrets as long as US Military are not put in harms way?
    Hobbes without any evidence to the contrary, McCain did not disclose Military Secrets. The point is moot.

"Demands for military information were accompanied by threats to terminate my medical treatment if I did not cooperate. Eventually, I gave them my ship's name and squadron number, and confirmed that my target had been the power plant." -John McCain

It's not like he gave the Cylons the access codes to the defense mainframe. He could have done a lot worse, like telling them the condition of his carrier; the number and configuration of planes; the patrol routes; the fleet locations; etc.
    Hmm, you mean Bush has done a good job?! News to me. Do you have any good examples?

Actually as a strong Bush hater: I do. In the Wake of 9/11, The United States has not since been attacked. The monkey really doesn't get enough credit for that. But here's a quicklist I google'd: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1163304/posts Cant agree with everything there but theres a few good things in there.

Overheal wrote: »
    Hobbes without any evidence to the contrary, McCain did not disclose Military Secrets. The point is moot.

"Demands for military information were accompanied by threats to terminate my medical treatment if I did not cooperate. Eventually, I gave them my ship's name and squadron number, and confirmed that my target had been the power plant." -John McCain

It's not like he gave the Cylons the access codes to the defense mainframe. He could have done a lot worse, like telling them the condition of his carrier; the number and configuration of planes; the patrol routes; the fleet locations; etc.

Actually as a strong Bush hater: I do. In the Wake of 9/11, The United States has not since been attacked. The monkey really doesn't get enough credit for that. But here's a quicklist I google'd: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1163304/posts Cant agree with everything there but theres a few good things in there.
    Like? I started reading it and all I got was "ban on abortion" "ban on someone's attempts to be anti-abortian".

You must be aware that the bill was bi-partisan and was introduced by two republican senators Gramm and Leach. So you can't lump all the blame on the democrats or Clinton. I'm accusing you of double standards. You are for maximum market liberalisation but when it turns bad you conveniently blame the democrats when all sides got it wrong.

The public exchequer bailing out financial institutions is a different thing entirely and let me remind you is being orchestrated by George Bush and the republicans.

etit: btw I agree with McCain that the government shouldn't be bailing out the banks

• Registered Users Posts: 83,266 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

axer wrote: »
    Like? I started reading it and all I got was "ban on abortion" "ban on someone's attempts to be anti-abortian".
    yeh I skipped that section myself.

• Advertisement

I read about that act somewhere and if I recall correctly it is simply precluding banks from automatically discriminating based on address. They can still decline the loan if the applicants don't meet the financial requirements. It only allowed people from poor neighbourhoods to get a foot in the door as they were not even considered before they had been properly vetted.

I don't blame George Bush for everything, but I'm certainly not going to shield him from blame like you seem to be doing.

Should not.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The phrase you quoted and (incorrectly) corrected was "their parties' policies".
    If you read what I wrote, you'll see that I was clearly responding to the poster's arguments. I also happened to note his consistent confusion of the plural "parties" with the possessive singular "party's."
    You tried to be a grammar smartass, and it backfired.
    However, I'm sure there's an obscure forum rule somewhere that now merits an "infraction" of some kind....
    Yes, you've made it clear that you don't think the rules should apply to you. They do. Back on topic.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I stand corrected; I had managed to interpret, incorrectly, that "them" referred to members of different parties.
    How, exactly? I was and am correct in stating that the singular possessive (party's) rather than the plural (parties) should have been used in this case. At no stage did the original poster of this comment use the plural possessive (parties') as you suggest.
    You did, however, say that "parties are things you have at Christmas", which was a smartass remark and uncalled-for, as was the original grammar correction.

This isn't getting any closer to on-topic.

Interesting I must read more into it. How do you equate this with you're economic ideology whereby anyone can get a loan in order to start up a business and it's not just restricted to the already well off?

And it is a good point, but when you made it, it didn't come across as such. It sounded more like you were blaming Clinton for everything.

• Advertisement

Advertisement