Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palin says she is ready to assume presidency..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I don't care that she's inexperienced, Obama is inexperienced too. Joe Biden who has more experience than both of them has consistently shown bad judgement in foreign policy over the last 7 years and I don't like him that much either. All I care about is that a candidate is intelligent and well informed and shows good judgement and are able to back themselves up with a well reasoned argument. So far she appears to be a dunce when it comes to anything outside of grass roots domestic issues. I don't like her views on energy, foreign policy or social issues and I especially don't like her religious views which seem intertwined with her politics.

For the record I would not be against drilling in Alaska as long as it's done sensitively and does not impact the ecosystem of the area to badly. Her main policy area energy so far has been solely about drilling which would solve nothing. I haven't heard any other ideas outside of empty rhetoric. She even denies climate change is even happening and she lives in one of the fastest warming regions of the world. That means she is not going to be interested in developing clean energy and she doesn't seem to be concerned about causing environmental damage. I think this has mainly to do with her fundamentalist pentecostal religious beliefs that the end of the world is nigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If I were American, I would like a leader with gravitas, someone who will say to their advisors, "I have a different idea", not a puppet candidate.

Palin does not qualify in this regard.

9/11 shows that no-one knows what the next President may face. Therefore, I would like someone whom I could trust to lead passionately, but with compassion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Or... because she's a woman and she will strike a chord with the hard right Christian base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Speer wrote: »
    McCain will win come November because the democrats nominated a vacuous candidate who's full of slogans but has no policies and brought not one bit of legislation to the Senate.Hillary Clinton would have beaten McCain.The Democrats blew it again.

Have you bothered to familiarize yourself with Obama's policies or have you simply passively accepted the glib truisms about his lack of experience?

Republicans (and quite a few Democrats after the heated primary) *hate* Hilary - no way would the Democrats have won with her at the helm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Speer wrote: »
    McCain will win come November because the democrats nominated a vacuous candidate who's full of slogans but has no policies and brought not one bit of legislation to the Senate.Hillary Clinton would have beaten McCain.The Democrats blew it again.

totally agree , hillary would have walked it ,as its often been said before , the democrats have an uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

sink wrote: »
    I don't care that she's inexperienced, Obama is inexperienced too. Joe Biden who has more experience than both of them has consistently shown bad judgement in foreign policy over the last 7 years and I don't like him that much either. All I care about is that a candidate is intelligent and well informed and shows good judgement and are able to back themselves up with a well reasoned argument. So far she appears to be a dunce when it comes to anything outside of grass roots domestic issues. I don't like her views on energy, foreign policy or social issues and I especially don't like her religious views which seem intertwined with her politics.

For the record I would not be against drilling in Alaska as long as it's done sensitively and does not impact the ecosystem of the area to badly. Her main policy area energy so far has been solely about drilling which would solve nothing. I haven't heard any other ideas outside of empty rhetoric. She even denies climate change is even happening and she lives in one of the fastest warming regions of the world. That means she is not going to be interested in developing clean energy and she doesn't seem to be concerned about causing environmental damage. I think this has mainly to do with her fundamentalist pentecostal religious beliefs that the end of the world is nigh.

palin was chosen to rally the base in particular the all important christian right , that she doesnt believe in climate change makes her even more popular with the republican base , it was a tactical move and a superb one
    just because cheney had a key role in the present admin doesnt mean palin will in a mc cain one , i think this notion of mc cain kicking the bucket is completly over exagerated , the guy is as tough as old boots , hes only a few years older than regan was when he got in and he was the most popular president of the past 50 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

irish_bob wrote: »
    i think this notion of mc cain kicking the bucket is completly over exagerated

http://www.indecision2008.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=170162

Not that over exaggerated at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement