Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*%&! Bus Driver

Options
  • 12-09-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I was heading to the bus stop today and as I was rounding the corner, so was my bus. I legged it to the bus stop and there were two people there already who were getting on that bus. I just arrived at the door as it was closing and expected the driver to open it again. When he didn't I banged on the door repeatedly and shouted at him. He didn't stop and just moved on. I couldnt' believe it.

I've been in that situation before and drivers have stopped before. Why can't a driver just take two seconds to stop and let one last passenger on after they've made an effort to leg it to catch a bus? FWIW, I've already written to Dublin Bus about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

And this is in Online Buying & Auctions why???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I accidently posted in the wrong forum. I asked the moderator to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

JJ wrote: »
    I've been in that situation before and drivers have stopped before. Why can't a driver just take two seconds to stop and let one last passenger on after they've made an effort to leg it to catch a bus? FWIW, I've already written to Dublin Bus about this.
    A breast enlargment & a wig would be a wise investment, seems to work wonders with barmen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

So very true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I accidently posted in the wrong forum. I asked the moderator to move it.

Which moderator?

Moved to Dublin Forum anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I really think they should be punished for that carry on. Height of ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

But in fairness... he was only doing his job. It wasn't his fault that you didnt make it to the bus stop on time. And if I was a bus driver and someone was shouting and banging on the doors I would drive off to. I hate it when people think they're entitled to get on the bus even if you've not made it on time.

You could've been the tenth person to bang on the doors today. get over it. get the next bus!

starflake wrote: »
    But in fairness... he was only doing his job. It wasn't his fault that you didnt make it to the bus stop on time. And if I was a bus driver and someone was shouting and banging on the doors I would drive off to. I hate it when people think they're entitled to get on the bus even if you've not made it on time.

You could've been the tenth person to bang on the doors today. get over it. get the next bus!

you work for Dublin bus then?

Jay D wrote: »
    you work for Dublin bus then?

I do not, but just noting from original post that OP seams to have a sense of entitlement about the whole thing. he expected him to stop the bus for him. He was on time ...OP should have been to.

gimme a break, what on God's earth makes you think that this bus was on time and not only that the bus had not moved anywhere either, so stop, no, delay for a sec, yes. It's the height of ignorance. I've not witnessed it anywhere else I've been but here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oh, bull****! Since when were Dublin bus drivers concerned about sticking so religiously to timetables...?

Here in Gemrnay, they've no porblem waiting and they're stickelrs for time. Common sense and decency is all it takes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Oh, bull****! Since when were Dublin bus drivers concerned about sticking so religiously to timetables...?

Here in Gemrnay, they've no porblem waiting and they're stickelrs for time. Common sense and decency is all it takes.

You call banging on doors and shouting decency?! It's not the bus drivers duty to make sure you're on that bus... get over it

Exactly! But as long as such ignorant lazy people are emplyed here will never change.

You call banging on doors and shouting decency?! It's not the bus drivers duty to make sure you're on that bus... get over it

I've nothing to get over.

Banging on the door could be merely to get the drivers attention.

Shouting, from any I've seen would entail, 'sorry', 'excuse me', followed by words of frustration if an ignorant person is driving and continues to do so.

How can you justify such ignorance? Particularly when Dublin bus are not known for punctuality.

Exactly! But as long as such ignorant lazy people are emplyed here will never change.

I knew thats what this was about from the start. why was he ignorant because he wouldn't let yer man on a bus?? He wasn't there before the bus took off... it's his fault... not the bus drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I've not witnessed it anywhere else I've been but here.
    Out of the places I've spent any length of time, Prague had the best transport system.

Buses (and trams) seemed to have a set amount of time to be at each stop. Regardless of whether there's anyone to pick up, they'd stop at each stop for ~30 seconds, then get going. Using cards and tickets to pay meant there was zero interaction with the driver, so no door to bang on to get anyone's attention. If you missed it by half a second.. you missed it. But because of this, everything ran like clockwork. The next bus would be along exactly when advertised and that was never much of a wait.

And it was cheap too.

Transport in Dublin is just awful as far as I'm concerned. From the poxy "timetables" (along the lines of "bus leaves point A at time X, it takes 30 minutes between points A and B, and a further 20 minutes between points B and C. You are somewhere in between B and C. The time is now X+15minutes. When will you get home? Please show all calculations on the side".) to the shoddy uncomfortable ugly buses to the fact that they're rarely on time anyway... missing them by seconds would be less annoying if it were a good service in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daithi24

Do you want your nappy mate, you missed the bus the driver drove off, it happens every day, you went there in time its entirely your fault , plus being Ireland the bus was probably late anyway.

And to be honest, I would have probably been the guy on the inside of the bus laughing my ass of at you, ha!.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The driver might have let you on, but had no obligation to do so as you were late.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    The driver might have let you on, but had no obligation to do so as you were late.

Exactly my point

BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORINGahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaa

• Advertisement

daithi24 wrote: »
    BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORING BORINGahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaa

well then why post?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Once they've indicated that they're pulling out they're not supposed to stop, let anyone on or anything else. When it comes to Dublin Bus there's plenty of things that you could complain about but this aint one of them

Because i need to get the manic rage out than let it eat me from the inside out and turn me into a man capable of anything. That or i just wanted to be a tool

I beleive he said he knocked on the door first. The banging was more a reactiong to being ignored. YOu don't seriously think holding up your hand and saying "excuse me!" would have produced a diffeent result...?
    nipplenuts wrote: »

As opposde to when the drivers punctuality, which is beyond reproach...?

So ikkypoo, I like your name, im quite like ikkypoo if you get what im saying , so hot stuff you heading out tonight?

I beleive he said he knocked on the door first. The banging was more a reactiong to being ignored. YOu don't seriously think holding up your hand and saying "excuse me!" would have produced a diffeent result...?

As opposde to when the drivers punctuality, which is beyond reproach...?

You my friend are imagining things.... there was nothing said about knocking in the original post
    I was heading to the bus stop today and as I was rounding the corner, so was my bus. I legged it to the bus stop and there were two people there already who were getting on that bus. I just arrived at the door as it was closing and expected the driver to open it again. When he didn't I banged on the door repeatedly

Dublin Bus are always late.... so chances are the OP was very late then.... and my original point was.... it's not the bus drivers problem. The OP felt entitled to be let on that bus... which he was not. I think the bus driver is right for driving away. I would have too

So ikkypoo, I like your name, im quite like ikkypoo if you get what im saying , so hot stuff you heading out tonight?

Yes, in Berlin (via riduloulsy reliable u-bahn which will wait for last minute passengers)!!

Yes, in Berlin (via riduloulsy reliable u-bahn which will wait for last minute passengers)!!

Sweet hot stuff, you seem wound tight, something a good manly massage would sort out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

the *^$!??**))&$$&&**^£$%^^&^^ bus driver should have had some compassion and just let him on. i know hes only doing his job, but come on..

• Advertisement

Sweet hot stuff, you seem wound tight, something a good manly massage would sort out :)

Yep... I'm a fully qualified ITEC masseur....

Advertisement