Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*%&! Bus Driver

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daithi24

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Yep... fully qualified ITEC masseur....

But why would you pay when you could have the touch of an angels tears carresing your tension away

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

daithi24 wrote: »
    But why would you pay when you could have the touch of an angels tears carresing your tension away

ha ha ha ha it's good to not take yourself seriously all the time!! funny stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

starflake wrote: »
    You my friend are imagining things.... there was nothing said about knocking in the original post

Dublin Bus are always late.... so chances are the OP was very late then.... and my original point was.... it's not the bus drivers problem. The OP felt entitled to be let on that bus... which he was not. I think the bus driver is right for driving away. I would have too

Point being: it was NOT his first responce.

It's not about "entitlement", it's about common sense.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Empasis on the word "masseur"...!

Point being: it was NOT his first responce.

It's not about "entitlement", it's about common sense.

Aw ikkypoo baby are you ignoring me now petal, I wish we could not argue all the time, its tearing me apart.

• Advertisement

Empasis on the word "masseur"...!

I can be anything you want me to be

I can be anything you want me to be

Sorry to shoot the fantasy down here, but my point is... you do realise you're hitting on another bloke...?

Sorry to shoot the fantasy down here, but my point is... you do realise you're hitting on another bloke...?

I know your a bloke, but maybe that is my fantasy baby

Face well saved! But trust me - I'm not...

...and what has all this got to do with Dublin Bus...?

Face well saved! But trust me - I'm not...

...and what has all this got to do with Dublin Bus...?

How do I know, all I know is that your wound as tight as a straight mans rectum in the George, and that turns me on!

• Advertisement

How do I know, all I know is that your wound as tight as a straight mans rectum in the George, and that turns me on!

....but not me. I'm straight and you're a certified lunatic! And boards.ie IS my therapy. Gotta let it out somehow. Try findign a bloke called "Degsy" - he's more your style.

....but not me. I'm straight and you're a certified lunatic! And boards.ie IS my therapy. Gotta let it out somehow. Try findign a bloke called "Degsy" - he's more your style.

ok beautiful, ill talk to you soon, CALL ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Thanks for the support from some. Arriving at a bus stop before a bus arrives is a complete lottery. You can show up at the same time every day and miss a bus by 5 minutes one day or be 5 minutes early from the same bus another day. In this case, the bus was just rounding the corner as I was and the doors were closing just as I reached them.

After legging it down the road, the only option I had to get his attention was to shout and bang on the door. And I'm sure no one would want to make such an effort just to find it in vain. Usually if I see someone legging it toward a bus I'm boarding I take my time getting on the bus to give the person a chance to reach the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

daithi24 - infraction given!

daithi24 and Ikky Poo2 - please keep on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Speer

Bus drivers and postmen have the most boring,thankless jobs imaginable .They should be given medals for just showing up for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Stand in front of bus (before it moves.)
    Wait for the driver to open the door and yell at you.
    Jump on bus and drop fare into the slot before he/she can argue.
    Take a seat and smile smugly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

I have to admit that Luas drivers are just as bad I sit up towards the front of the luas and people would be running to buy the ticket and like hold a finger up aka. 1 minute.

Then the luas driver closes the doors.
    Do they get some kick from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I don't see why it is the bus drivers fault that you did not arrive in time for the bus. I'd say any chance that he had of getting on the bus was removed by the shouting and banging. You say it was to get his attention but perhaps the driver didn't see it that way.

Also another reason, and this especially happens in the city center. People tend to arrive at busstops in dribs and drabs, so when one or two people are running to catch a bus, there is usually a few more further behind them who would have normally given up on getting that bus but run to get it when they see those in front of them. So this delays the bus much more than just letting those first one or 2 people on. These people usually take longer to get onto the bus because the people that have been waiting at the stop have the correct change ready, where as the they don't and spend a minute or two rummaging around trying to find some change or their ticket.

Outside of peak times i find that dublin bus, dart and the luas run fairly close to the scheduled timetables, within about 5 minutes either side at most. At peak times, its pretty much anybodies guess as to when the buses will arrive but that's due to the amount of people who drive to work in the city and not the fault of Dublin Bus as far as i can see.

I have a monthly bus card so drivers don't have to worry about me rummaging around for change. I was also right in front of the doors as they were closing and I've been in the same or similar situations before where I was even a few seconds later than the situation I mentioned here and the bus drivers stopped to let me on. "Arrive on time for a bus" is a very relative term.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Speer wrote: »
    Bus drivers and postmen have the most boring,thankless jobs imaginable .They should be given medals for just showing up for work.

Or jeez, maybe give them some sort of monetary reward. Yeah thats it, give people money to go to work, what a genius idea. Oh wait...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

JJ wrote: »
    "Arrive on time for a bus" is a very relative term.

Yes. Relative to the scheduled departure time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

JohnG18 wrote: »
    I have to admit that Luas drivers are just as bad I sit up towards the front of the luas and people would be running to buy the ticket and like hold a finger up aka. 1 minute.

Then the luas driver closes the doors.
    Do they get some kick from this?

That's not the same as the bus at all. On the bus the driver can take your fare while the bus is moving. If the LUAS was to wait 30 seconds while somebody got their ticket it'd be delayed at every stop.

I've seen LUAS drivers hold the doors for someone who is getting their ticket already but why should they wait for someone who just running up and double the time spent at the stop? It's not like there won't be another along in less than 5 minutes.

I don't mind too much if I just miss a Luas. When they shut the door you have a window of a few seconds to hit the button to reopen the doors if I'm not mistaken. If you get shut out, you know that there will be another one in 5 to 10 minutes. With buses, you can never be sure when the next one will be along.

Advertisement