Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Jericho in UCD

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I take it you don't go to UCD.

Why the **** does Sachs deserve an award. He got abused and got probably the most popular DJ for 18-35 year olds fired. In case you haven't noticed, college is populated by 18-35 year olds. Stop being so politically correct

Also, why do they have to have an Irish connection. All we want is funny guests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I take it you don't go to UCD.

Why the **** does Sachs deserve an award. He got abused and got probably the most popular DJ for 18-35 year olds fired.

In all fairness, he didn't get Brand fired! He didn't force the 2 of them to leave messages on his voicemail, let alone messages that some people would inevitably find offensive! Also, Brand didn't get fired, he quit. Basically, he walked out on the BBC, an organisation that sat back and allowed him to be vilified by the media when in fact they (the BBC) should have had the cop on to pull the messages segment from the show.

Aside from the above correction, I agree with you that Sachs wouldn't really deserve the award, all he ever really did was play Manuel in Faulty Towers.
    CDfm wrote:
    iF YOU GIVE HONOURARY DEGREES THE SHOULD BE TO PEOPLE YOU WOULD BE PROUD TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH

The societies (Law Soc, L&H etc) don't present people with honourary degrees nor would they ever have the power to do so. They give the guests an honourary membership of the society and an award for a contribution they have made in their chosen field. The people they choose have to be people that students will be interested in seeing and will attract students to join the society in order to see said individuals. Russell Brand completely fits the bill here right accross the board. Jericho, who I would personally love to see in UCD, would not attract quite as many members and would only appeal to a certain proportion of the college population.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Thread split requested. Russell Brand and Societies have bugger all to do with Pro Wrestling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Thread split requested. Russell Brand and Societies have bugger all to do with Pro Wrestling?
    Man - if thats what it is - Ive never heard of Chris Jericho do anything like what the others did and as a guy and a lot of Pro-Wrestlers is a quite stand up dude.

If Jericho goes - he would definately improve the tone - and like I say the Harts are class.

You've lost me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

They do when the discussion is a rumoured appearance by Chris Jericho (a Pro Wrestler) for a Society event, which may be put on hold because said society may get Russell Brand instead.
    CDfm wrote:
    Man - if thats what it is - Ive never heard of Chris Jericho do anything like what the others did and as a guy and a lot of Pro-Wrestlers is a quite stand up dude.

If Jericho goes - he would definately improve the tone - and like I say the Harts are class.

CDfm, would you mind repeating that in a way that can be understood by humans please?

CDfm, would you mind repeating that in a way that can be understood by humans please?

What would Russell Brand add - Chris Jericho should win hands down.

You dont hear anything about him outside the ring. By all accounts he would do his bit and be professional.

If Chris Jericho insults someone in a professional capacity its part of theentertainment and others not involved are not hurt. If Jericho acted that way (as Russel Brand did which I am sure he wouldnt) millions of fans would be disappointed.

So as a man and an entertainer and a professional Chris rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Doesnt Russell Brand have a backround in comedy? He would make a great fighter imho. You're right he has class, but not as much as the Jericho. Bret should go to UCD.

• Advertisement

They do when the discussion is a rumoured appearance by Chris Jericho (a Pro Wrestler) for a Society event, which may be put on hold because said society may get Russell Brand instead.

This was rumoured last year too. Fair enough though, it just seemed to be going off in a tangent solely about the recent Russell Brand fiasco, that's all.

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Doesnt Russell Brand have a backround in comedy? He would make a great fighter imho. You're right he has class, but not as much as the Jericho. Bret should go to UCD.
    And Bret opens for Malcolm in the Middle -with the guy we dont mention.

That was a great show.

Yep - Brets the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

CDfm wrote: »
    And Bret opens for Malcolm in the Middle -with the guy we dont mention.

That was a great show.

Yep - Brets the man.

He puts the blue lad in the sharpshooter!

Bret got more class then the rest, tbpfh. UCD beckons.

kyp_durron wrote: »
    He puts the blue lad in the sharpshooter!

Bret got more class then the rest, tbpfh. UCD beckons.

Well he's UK bound at the end of November for a memorabilia show in Birmingham, so you might wanna contact via his website if you're serious about it.

Well he's UK bound at the end of November for a memorabilia show in Birmingham, so you might wanna contact via his website if you're serious about it.
    if that keeps the Brand fella away - i will send my support

Advertisement