Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting WW today!

Options
  • 12-09-2008 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

And just looking for some words of encouragement! I did do it before and lost 1.5 stone so i know i can do it. I've just had a summer of eating too much good food on picnics and holidays abroad and it just has to stop so i'm quite looking forward to the discipline! Btw is there a thread on here for weekly weight losses to share with and encourage each other? I'm doing it from home, not meetings, so could do with the encouragement.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 laughingtoaster

I think the key is to get your head right. The first time I did WW (going to meetings), it felt like punishment & every week my friends and I went to the chipper after the weigh-in as a "reward" for our deprivation. The second time (on my own) was much more successful. I got some WW recipe books & made an effort to try new ideas so the meals were interesting, instead of thinking “Oh no, cottage cheese and ryvita, again”.

Also, try and think of quality over quantity. A small square of very rich chocolate is more satisfying than a complete bar of dairy milk something from the newsagents. lidl have a 70% cocoa chocolate bar – you couldn’t eat the whole lot.

It might be good to factor in some other dieting/nutrition ideas, like making sure you have enough protein so that you don’t feel hungry and are tempted to break out. The BBC Diet Trials program concluded that this was the reason for the success of the participants on the Atkins diet, that the protein led to a feeling of satiety or fullness so that the dieters ate less. I am definitely not recommending Atkins, but might be worthwhile to ensure that you include some meat/fish/cheese/beans, as it might be tempting to consider pasta and tomatoe sauce as low fat but be hungry a little while later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Hi! I'm doing weight watchers from home aswell. Down 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks which is pretty good. I keep a food diary in the food diary section of this forum. It really keeps me focused and accountable for what I eat and you get loads of encouragement. I gave the link to friends and family and asked them to log in every now and then to give me a boost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Thanks a million for that great advice, I'll def take all that on board

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

Glass Woman, welcome and well done - it's a big decision to make, but if you stick with it..........I started a thread in the 'Food Diary' forum mostly so i'd be shamed into being accountable to someone - have lost a stone since I started, but have a LOT more to go, didn't lose anything last week and did the dog on it over the weekend...........but I started back today properly, so while I may not lose anything this week, I'd be happy with static (don't even want to contemplate an increase! :eek: )

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hi glass woman. I am also doing WW from home and recently posted on a thread from Lenni http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055373934 I was having a major motivational problem last week and the guys there were great for giving tips to help out.

I intend to post my losses (hopefully) every week and hopefully reach my goal before christmas. I find the food diaries excellent- Musicmental85 and Neuro-praxis especially have some great real tips.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Oh and cjdun1 too:)

Advertisement