Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Robinho's Man City

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rout (ahem)

ha ha! Terry off! Man Utd and Chelsea missing defenders for the big game.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol cheerio Mr. England Captain!

Never a red card to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

mike65 wrote: »
    rout (ahem)

ha ha! Terry off! Man Utd and Chelsea missing defenders for the next game.

Mike.

prob shouldn't have been straight red though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh no John don't cry! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Never a red card to be fair

+1

Didnt Vidic get away with something similar earlier? :confused:

EDIT: Before he got sent off of course, lol

Fair play to Chelsea, they really turned it on today.

We were good going forward but absolutely **** at the back. When Petrov comes back himself, SWP and Robinho are going to have some fun.

EDIT: Nice sportsmanship from JT going down the tunnel giving '3-1' on the fingers to the City fans. :rolleyes: That's the sort of behaviour that makes people hate him

Pic from today -

880679930.jpg

750595887.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Fair play to Chelsea, they really turned it on today.

We were good going forward but absolutely **** at the back. When Petrov comes back himself, SWP and Robinho are going to have some fun.

EDIT: Nice sportsmanship from JT going down the tunnel giving '3-1' on the fingers to the City fans. :rolleyes: That's the sort of behaviour that makes people hate him

Considering that Elano didnt play,who do you think Petrov will come in for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Chelsea were awesome there. If they continue to play like that the premiership will be over mathematically in mid April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

quazzy wrote: »
    prob shouldn't have been straight red though

professsional foul?

On the red card incident, my first thought is that he was last man back. Its easy to look at replays and say otherwise afterwards but at the time of the incident I was sure that if he beat Terry that he was away and gone.

titan18 wrote: »
    Considering that Elano didnt play,who do you think Petrov will come in for

At home I think it will be Hamann with maybe Johnson in for Ireland i.e. -

Kompany

SWP
    Johnson
    Petrov

Elano
    Robinho

Jo

Away from home he'll stick with the two holding players. Out of the 6 above I'd say Elano would go like two weeks ago against Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kompany

SWP
    Johnson
    Petrov

Elano
    Robinho

Jo

Away from home he'll stick with the two holding players. Out of the 6 above I'd say Elano would go like two weeks ago against Sunderland.

Thats seven players,he'll stick with 4 defenders I presume so eithr Johnson,Elano or Petov wont be playing

OPENROAD wrote: »
    professsional foul?

Is a professional foul a straight red? Seriously, because he definitely wasnt last man back.

Chelsea were very good today, but if I was a City fan Id certainly be optimistic.

titan18 wrote: »
    Thats seven players,he'll stick with 4 defenders I presume so eithr Johnson,Elano or Petov wont be playing

Shit sorry, it's 2.54am here :o

I'd say either Elano or Johnson would drop out.

Kompany, Robinho, SWP and Jo all will 100% start. It's between Petrov, Elano, Johnson, Hamann, Fernandes, and Ireland for the other two spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

eddiehead wrote: »
    Is a professional foul a straight red? Seriously, because he definitely wasnt last man back.

As far as I know it is.

Kompany

SWP
    Johnson
    Petrov

Elano
    Robinho

Jo

So only three at the back then?
    I think the team that played today beat most teams in the Premiership except drop Hamann and bring in Johnson maybe. I like SWP in behind as well, he looks very dangerous there. I think when he and Robinho get to know each other it could be very dangerous partnership. I know Petrov is a class act but there are so many options in that side. Stephen Ireland it appears can play anywhere, he played well again today.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    As far as I know it is.
    No, a professional foul excluding one in the last man back situation is only a yellow card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Why is Robinho pointing to the crest?

I hate that kind of chicanery.

eagle eye wrote: »
    No, a professional foul excluding one in the last man back situation is only a yellow card.

Yep thats what I (and obviously John Terry:rolleyes:) was thinkin

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    Why is Robinho pointing to the crest?

I hate that kind of chicanery.

I hear he's booked in for a tattoo of it first thing Monday mornin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Pic from today -

880679930.jpg

Never noticed how huge Stephen Irelands neck is. He's like something from star wars.

250px-Lama_Su-1-.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I thought it was Antoine Siberiski playing for city again yday.

What happend Irelands hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mr. X wrote: »
    What happend Irelands hair?

It was confiscated by the RSPCA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea were awesome, literally inspiring awe. Lampard was just fantastic, his goal was what he was playing like 2-3 years ago. Today showed how far City have to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jesus I hate Lampard. He really shows why it's so hard to fit him into a system. He'll get the ball, lay it off and then make a run forward into a goalscoring position. Most of the time that's what he does. He gets into more goalscoring positions than a striker and he's going to obviously be marked less than a striker.

If I hear anyone say look at how many goals he scored "for a midfielder". It doesn't matter that he's categorised as a midfielder. With his amazing technical ability he should be playing a playmakers role like Fabregas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Did John Terry do a "John Terry" after he was sent off, and get all up in the ref's face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

kids-8341.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Des wrote: »
    Did John Terry do a "John Terry" after he was sent off, and get all up in the ref's face?

No actually. He seemed to just point at bosingwa who was in a covering position and I'm assuming say what everyone of us would have and then walked. None of the usual JT stuff. Maybe its a new starting point from him. Even lamps actually had a 3 second go at the ref and then that was it.

Chelsea were very good on saturday, Lamps was pure class as was Deco again. Great showing from the lads.

iregk wrote: »
    No actually. He seemed to just point at bosingwa who was in a covering position and I'm assuming say what everyone of us would have and then walked. None of the usual JT stuff. Maybe its a new starting point from him. Even lamps actually had a 3 second go at the ref and then that was it.

Chelsea were very good on saturday, Lamps was pure class as was Deco again. Great showing from the lads.

Apart from the gestures to the crowd of course.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Apart from the gestures to the crowd of course.....

unprovoked, of course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

nothing wrong with Terry pointing out the current score line to the City fans that were abusing him.

the world is gone mad if there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Mr Alan wrote: »
    nothing wrong with Terry pointing out the current score line to the City fans that were abusing him.

the world is gone mad if there is.

Exactly. Well said Alan.:)

Advertisement