Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aston Villa - Match Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Ramos has to take his share of the blame defo, but look at the players same story as last season some of them are just fcuking lazy. Jenas, huddlestone, dawson and lennon are all there long enough to stand up and be counted but they are simply not good enough. I lost count of the amount of times lennon gave the ball away, Jenas only plays well when things are going good and just doesnt have it for this level.

Why leave Bentley on the bench when Lennon is so ineffective? Why not play entley on the right when he came on?

Why play Dawson when King is available, or when he could have put Corluka in a CB and played Gunter at RB?

I agree with your assessment of some of the players, but the buck should stop with the man picking them IMO. I didn't see tonight's game as I'm away, so had to make do with Radio London's commentary, but I found the team selection bewildering to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 monvoy

You're right joycee! Dawson is shyte! He shouldn't be allowed near WHL again! Villa left him for dead for 2nd goal then he commits an awful foul....what does he do when he does get the ball? Hoof it to no where. He's not the only one though. Lennon gives away possession too cheaply and should know better by now that he has to up his game, also Huddlestone is far too slow for this level. King should be played every game until he can't walk anymore..we've been carrying him too long now. The two teenagers (Bale and Gio) were the only glimmer of hope that I could see. Bently couldn't even strike dead ball . As for Ramos ... well I still think he is a good manager and calling for his head at this atage is a bit of a kneejerk reaction IMO.
    Apart from all the above I think we are a good team and will always support them. We just need a kick start
    Lets hope for 3 points at the weekend eh?

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Why leave Bentley on the bench when Lennon is so ineffective? Why not play entley on the right when he came on?

Why play Dawson when King is available, or when he could have put Corluka in a CB and played Gunter at RB?

I agree with your assessment of some of the players, but the buck should stop with the man picking them IMO. I didn't see tonight's game as I'm away, so had to make do with Radio London's commentary, but I found the team selection bewildering to be honest.
    Spot on, corluka cb and gunter rb was the way to go for def.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I dont understand why the manager doesnt come out and speak to the press in english...he's had almost a year to do it , IMO i think he's under huge pressure now to get it right , his team selection last night was strange to say the least. The carling cup which was keeping him going is now long gone. next 2 home games v wigan and hull are massive games. Very frustrated at the mo , going a couple of years unbeaten in pre season means fcuk all when you pick up 4 pts in 6 games for the last 3 seasons , in fact the way we goin it could be worse than that this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Totally disjointed performance. Looked like 11 guys who'd only just met. It's gonna be a long season...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

BERBA wrote: »
    I don't understand why the manager doesn't come out and speak to the press in english...he's had almost a year to do it , IMO i think he's under huge pressure now to get it right , his team selection last night was strange to say the least. The carling cup which was keeping him going is now long gone. next 2 home games v wigan and hull are massive games. Very frustrated at the mo , going a couple of years unbeaten in pre season means fcuk all when you pick up 4 pts in 6 games for the last 3 seasons , in fact the way we goin it could be worse than that this season.

I think he pretends not to be able to speak the Engleesh to well so he doesn't have to do the press conferences (poor ol Gus)

He's team selection was just wrong, and he needs to admit that. Saving King is killing us, just killing us. We need to count our losses and get a full time replacement, keep King on as third string, changing the formation all the time to accommodate a crocked player does us no favours, we need to get a solid back four that plays every week - Oh and Dawson is not part of that equation, rubbish, just rubbish.

Even the lads on Setanta when asked who would win, basically said they slightly leaned toward Spurs, but when they seen the team selection they all said Villa and they were right - If, the whole world can see it, what the hell is going on. He saw how well we did against chelski, and yet, he changed the whole team and formation, madness.

The ONLY 2 reasons are, Saving private King (as stated above BS) and saving other players for UEFA - Like the premiership is not worthy, and the fact that we needed a win to get us off the bottom (and out of laughing stock land) and build a bit of confidence means nothing - Just a wrong decision in my book.

The question is, has he learnt he's lesson (I would say he won't admit he was wrong). Did he see he screwed up the formation and saving people is a bad idea, or will he just blame the players - If he does the latter, we are in for a very bad season.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

tippspur wrote: »
    Spot on, corluka cb and gunter rb was the way to go for def.

that is until the hun hutton returns:D

lennon i wouldnt sell him a spurs shirt if i worked in marathon sports. wouldnt cross his legs the useless fu~ker.
    disagree with the stick jenas is gettin, him bale and giovani were decent in a very lack luster performance.
    not a big bent fan by any stretch of the imagination but he got no service last night so wont heap the blame on him.
    ive called for robbos head for a couple of seasons. i think we got a replacemnt for him alright. a carbon copy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

John W wrote: »
    He's team selection was just wrong, and he needs to admit that. Saving King is killing us, just killing us. We need to count our losses and get a full time replacement, keep King on as third string, changing the formation all the time to accommodate a crocked player does us no favours, we need to get a solid back four that plays every week - Oh and Dawson is not part of that equation, rubbish, just rubbish.

The question is, has he learnt he's lesson (I would say he won't admit he was wrong). Did he see he screwed up the formation and saving people is a bad idea, or will he just blame the players - If he does the latter, we are in for a very bad season.:mad:

Totally agree about King, we treat him like some sort of messiah, If he cant play a game after two weeks rest then I think the game is up for him. As much as I like him and think he's been a great player in the past for us, we need a regular centre back partnership. Dawson has had his chance, maybe Corluka will end up there but on last nights performance id have doubts about him.
    I see Ramos has blamed the players this morning, they were shocking but hardly the best move, the midfield was not up to it last night poor selection on his part.
    I'm getting stick of a load of gooners and chelscum fans this morning in work.
    :(

Please God not another sh1t league campaign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 aidodo

keane=cock wrote: »
    lennon i wouldnt sell him a spurs shirt if i worked in marathon sports. wouldnt cross his legs the useless fu~ker.
    disagree with the stick jenas is gettin, him bale and giovani were decent in a very lack luster performance.
    not a big bent fan by any stretch of the imagination but he got no service last night so wont heap the blame on him.
    ive called for robbos head for a couple of seasons. i think we got a replacemnt for him alright. a carbon copy!!!!

well said. I cant believe lennon is a professional footballer. it's a joke.Same goes for Dawson.

I thought JJ was our best player last night.He was superb last season too.

Bent and Pav got no service in the 2nd half last night.

Have we scored a goal yet that wasnt a jammy deflection ?

Advertisement