Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptop Charger Needed!

• 12-09-2008 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had a spare dell laptop charger? (I have an Inspiron 2200, but any 19v charger should do).

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

You could try PC world up near the parkway shopping center. No gurantees they'd have the proper charger though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clearya

Peteee wrote: »
    You could try PC world up near the parkway shopping center. No gurantees they'd have the proper charger though.

Tried there, but they have universal chargers and the guy told me that people had been returning them because they don't seem to be up to standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

I have a dell inspiron 2500 charger around somewhere here at home,

PM me if your interested and i'll bring it up on sunday night, You can take it for 20 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

how is this an educational thread? jaysus there must be some lazy ass mod in here.

theres adverts.ie for this sh1te

It's the "general" UL forum:L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

how is this an educational thread? jaysus there must be some lazy ass mod in here.

If you don't like how the forum is modded you need not return!

We work just fine in our own little informal bubble here!!

Are we only allowed educational threads?

It was a pretty informal request if anybody had a spare charger. No need for adverts.ie

And plus they may have needed the power adapter to power their laptop to do and "educational assignment"...So There

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clearya

digiking wrote: »
    And plus they may have needed the power adapter to power their laptop to do and "educational assignment"...So There

That's true, if I didn't use my laptop for assignments I think I'd be in the dossiest course in history :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

digiking wrote: »
    I have a dell inspiron 2500 charger around somewhere here at home,

PM me if your interested and i'll bring it up on sunday night, You can take it for 20 quid

yeah, hi. ur advertising to sell stuff here. read the bloody charter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

WAA WAA WAA.

hush. It's UL specific.

Advertising would be digiking starting a thread saying 'Dell power charger - €20' and looking for offers.

This is just a friendly offer. I assume they sorted it out by PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

What now?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055371212

Oh look a thread on the Vengaboys hardly an educational thread and started before this one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055359060

Or this a thread about drinking (my favourite type of thread) not the most educational either, unless of course you want to educate yourself on the vast amount of different types beer you can get.

Just for good measure let us have a look at something from the UCC forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334794

Not really educational either. So why did you start complaining on this thread when there's a myriad of other threads that don't qualify as educational around this forum and the site.

There's also a section in the charter about posting in retarded text speak and another about reporting posts that you have a problem with. So why don't you <snip>*"$%^&£</snip> and read the charter yourself before telling other people to do so.

Come to think of it the common sense rule at the end of the charter probably covers this type of thread from a moderators viewpoint. Someone in UL needed a charger for a Dell laptop and they posted up here to see if anyone could sort them out or let them know where they could pick one up. I personally don't see any problem with that, forums are supposed to be helpful and charters are not supposed to be rule books that are set in stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Maybe you should be as your name suggests :pac:

As has been said, its UL specific, and the person didnt start a thread offering to sell it, it was also said that

Its no longer a forum issue, its a private sale between people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

rmacm wrote: »

There's also a section in the charter about posting in retarded text speak and another about reporting posts that you have a problem with. So why don't you <snip>*^&£"%^</snip> and read the charter yourself before telling other people to do so.

Fixed that for you Rory:D:D

Rory, read the charter as well. Thats dangerously close to personal abuse!

I think this has run its course.

As noted by Mossin, its a private matter now, so locking the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement