Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending the night in Dublin 12-Sep

Options
  • 12-09-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Myself and the missus are staying in a hotel in the St.stephens Green area tonight and have no specific plans. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant, Nightclub, show or other?

Thanks in advance:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

buy a bag of cans hit stephens green park..

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Shanahans for a steak

(she will pretty much have to)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Myself and the missus are staying in a hotel in the St.stephens Green area tonight and have no specific plans. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant, Nightclub, show or other?

Do you want a quiet night together or not?

The BGRH forum are having a beers tonight which will have a large attendance of boardsies.

Guaranteed to be a fun night.

You must both bring a can of Carnation Condensed Milk with you though!

You must both bring a can of Carnation Condensed Milk with you though!

Don't do it! They has been no satifisfactory outcome to the inquest into what exactly happens with the cans of carnation condensed milk.
    You'll be aiding and abbeting Irishbird and Des in lord knows what kind of sick perverted shenanigans if you do.
    I know I for one couldn't live with the guilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Don't do it! They has been no satifisfactory outcome to the inquest into what exactly happens with the cans of carnation condensed milk.
    You'll be aiding and abbeting Irishbird and Des in lord knows what kind of sick perverted shenanigans if you do.
    I know I for one couldn't live with the guilt.

Have you heard about the guy who didn't bring the condensed milk?!
    I heard that he was eaten alive! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Bite to eat in Wagamama, then head down to D2 in Harcourt street. Or, if you want to impress the missus, phone cucoon, get your name on the list and mix with people who like to drink very expensive drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Peploes/Town Bar & Grill (would be my choice) or Unicorn are all nice and on or just off the green.
    Make sure you ring and book though.

For a drink if it's romantic avoid the main boozers, somewhere a bit off the track like the bar in the Merrion hotel or if you want a bit of atmosphere O'Donoghues on merrion row (right beside unicorn) is a great pub. Actually there are a few great boozers there a bit of an after work crowd on a friday but great pubs with good pints none the less.

Someone mentioned Shanahans for a steak, best steak in Ireland but at a hefty price.

Enjoy yourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Bruxelles, downstairs, to the left. Good luck. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

You can come over to my house...i have no friends :o

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

dont bring carnation milk! cool people bring condensaca milk. FACT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Alot of options there. Have a few quid to spare this weekend so might splash out on Shanahan's steak then maybe D2.

Think we'll give the BGRH get together a miss as we're both lactose intolerant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Alot of options there. Have a few quid to spare this weekend so might splash out on Shanahan's steak then maybe D2.

Don't go to D2 they make you take cocaine in suppository form there! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Don't go to D2 they make you take cocaine in suppository form there! :eek:

tbh, you know where you can shove that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Skream are on in the iveagh park.. Doubt you and yoru missus are into dubstep though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Nobody is going to be drinking the condensed milk.

It's so that you are identifiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Where's Biko? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check out Dublin city forum and Things to do forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

Just a quick thank you to you all. We decided to give the milk a miss. As it turned out I got a phone call from the Late Late show at 3.30pm about getting last minute tickets which we accepted and really enjoyed especially Jimmy Carr who we got to meet after the show. Genius!!
    We headed back to the 'Green' area, got grub in Eddie Rockets then went to the 'Dandelion'. overall had a good night and spent a fortune shopping the next day.
    Will be repeating this again shortly we hope.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

How does one get tickets to the late late show, actually? I know it's not The Panel or anything, but it might be something different to do some night :0

• Advertisement

In response to public demand, the Producers now hold back a limited number of audience tickets for last minute distribution.
    If you would like to be considered for tickets for this Friday's show, then click here...
    You must be available to attend the RTÉ studios at short notice, and will be contacted no less than three hours before the programme.

or go to

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/tickets_form.html

Exactly what we thought, something different!!

Advertisement