Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax Switchover process..

Options
  • 12-09-2008 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Have been trying to switch over from UB to Halifax for the past number of weeks. Initially I was told that I had the option of switching manually or automatically. I assumed that automatic switchover would be as the word suggests. I was assured that it was very unlikely that I would experience any problems.

Filled out all the paperwork and returned with items requested. They came back with request for more proof of address. Sent that off. Then nothing. Called them up - they claimed I hadnt sent back a form that they had sent me on (which they hadnt). Form arrives - I fill it up and send back. Then I get paperwork returned from my own employer requesting that I utilise their own process for the changing of Bank Account Details.
    If this is being done manually, then why not tell me this from the beginning!
    I now do not know if I have been paid this week - can no longer access my UB account - and funds are not showing on my Halifax online account.

If your planning on switching, be aware of the above..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Talk to their complaints department and after that talk to the regulator...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

To be honest, it's more Halifax, than the process of switching are at fault. By their own words, they are the Ryanair of banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I switched from TSB to Halifax but managed the switch myself.

To be honest had no hassles with Halifax. Went into the branch with all the paperwork needed, including all the ID staff. They checked everything I needed was there and the switch was done.

Found them a lot more professional to deal with than PTSB...and so far, about 6 months in with Halifax, am very happy with the service.

Also moved my mortgage over too. Saving an average of 260 per month on the mortgage since I moved too. Happy days!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I switched with no bother at all. I did notify my employer, but that's because the girl who does it sits across from me. All other direct debits / payments were taken care of correctly.

Advertisement