Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check your broadband pricing

• 12-09-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have broadband from UTV internet just noticed on there website that the price dropped about 6 months ago. Contacted them to know why I was still paying the old higher price, was told it was up to me to contact them in writing or email to say I wanted the new rate!!!!!!!! I asked them if they increased the price would the same rules apply and surprise surprise it doesent.

Contacted comreg and they are quite entitled to do this.

So go check your provider and make sure your not being ripped off

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Trapper40 wrote: »
    I have broadband from UTV internet just noticed on there website that the price dropped about 6 months ago. Contacted them to know why I was still paying the old higher price, was told it was up to me to contact them in writing or email to say I wanted the new rate!!!!!!!! I asked them if they increased the price would the same rules apply and surprise surprise it doesent.

Contacted comreg and they are quite entitled to do this.

So go check your provider and make sure your not being ripped off

At one stage UTV really were a customers dream - they were innovative, offered really excellent customer service etc etc and then one day long ago something changed and an element of what I called at the time 'cute hoorism' crept in as is typified by this type of behaviour.

Iirc they were the first isp to require people to commit to a new 12 month contract to receive the benefits of lower prices.

If a company treats its customers like this the answer lies with the customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Yep, I used to be a loyal UTV customer too (even recommended a few friends) but I left shortly after they started the contract malarkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 parc64

You guys had the same conversation with UTV as I did... only sooner. I have been a loyal customer for years and didn't feel the need to be checking the latest prices online... anyway, long story short, they don't have to tell you squat and don't. I got really pissed off and was offered free internet etc. as long as I signed up again. How am I going to do that now? They had their day in the sun. Switching to UPC on Saturday which actually works out cheaper when you include phone and take into account speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Thanks for psoting this, I just checked mine (eircom) and it was the same thing, she fobed me off that it was a differnt package but all they had done was rename the one I had. I changed over to the cheaper package so it will save a few euro a month.

Advertisement