Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crafting

Options
  • 12-09-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Anyone spent any time on crafting during closed / open beta, and got good info to share?

I'd like to try my hand at salvaging / talisman making, and am looking advice.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I played around with scavenging and talisman making last night. I get the impression that for talisman making, you need scavenging and magical salvaging to get the stuff you need to make talisman making.

You can only have one gathering skill in beta, so I haven't managed to make a talisman yet but it looks kind of interesting. I suspect there may not be as much depth to it as in WoW but it certainly beats the pants off AoC (trying to figure out the gemcrafting skill in that was impossible, I gave up)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I tried the butchering and the alchemy skills. Butchering is exactly like all the various skinning type skills in other games. The alchemy one is fun though. I'd no idea what I was doing, but it was fun. Kind of like the alchemy system from The Witcher.

Advertisement