Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound absorption

Options
  • 12-09-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin I can buy some sound absorption material for my booth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭iquinn

If you're looking for rockwool? I'm pretty sure IIS in Dublin are the cheapest place.

http://www.irishinsulations.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Sorry guys, just to be a little more specific, I am looking for aurelex acoustic panels of some sort, doesn't have to be that exact brand type. Thanks again for the replies, very generous.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

I made really nice panels for the studio using dense fibreglass panels on ply covered with acoustically transparent cloth. I ordered the panels and cloth from:
    http://www.customaudiodesigns.co.uk/
    The panels look AND perform much better than auralex which looks cheap@ass in my opinion. I used to have purple auralex panels and hated them. They were always coming loose and trapped LOTS of dust.
    You can see my panels in this photo of the studio's kit:
    S%20Class1.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭iquinn

i think they can see that photo from space....

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

I know:-)
    I thought the forum would resize it. Most would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

I thought the forum would resize it. Most would.
    OOOhhhh SNAP!

sei046 wrote: »
    OOOhhhh SNAP!

A couple of guys PM'd me and offered me free materials. Boards is a great place with great people, never forget that !!

Love

D
    :cool::eek::):pac:;):(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

You bastard! I have been looking for this same stuff!

iquinn wrote: »
    i think they can see that photo from space....

lol!

Its like the camera was the size of the room it was taken in!! Perhaps it was taken on the new telescope designed for the big bang theory explanation?Big%20Bang.jpg

Advertisement