Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Mini League Match** - Monday, 15th September @ 7.00 in Colmcilles V NUIL Old Boys

• 12-09-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, here is the Updated Squad. I have removed anybody that has not showed up to any games.

Will do some research on the opposition here, who is in? will send a Group Text now also.

1 - Daryl - NO (AWAY)
    2 - Ed - YES (will play in Goals)
    3 - Dan - YES
    4 - Michael - NO (AWAY)
    5 - Simon - NO (AWAY)
    6 - Lepo - NO (WORKING)
    7 - Larry -
    8 - Art - YES
    9 - Eddie - NO (WORKING)
    10 - Derek - NO (INJURED)
    11 - Robbie - NO (WORKING)
    12 - Keith - YES
    13 - Dave (PHB) -
    14 - Peter - YES
    15 - Gav -
    16 - Mark -
    17 - Conor - YES
    18 - Cathal -
    19 - Iain - YES
    20 - Peader -
    21 - Kenny -

Definately Out -

22 - Martin - Injured.
    23 - Jules – Injured.
    24 - Dave - America.
    25 - Geoff - Injured.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

we should be ok for a team anyway, will contact a few of the no answers again now....i have 3 lads on standby or this if we are stuck....they have all played before and will help out.

1 - Daryl - NO (AWAY)
    2 - Ed - YES (will play in Goals)
    3 - Dan - YES
    4 - Michael - NO (AWAY)
    5 - Simon - NO (AWAY)
    6 - Lepo - NO (WORKING)
    7 - Larry - YES
    8 - Art - YES
    9 - Eddie - NO (WORKING)
    10 - Derek - NO (INJURED)
    11 - Robbie - NO (WORKING)
    12 - Keith - YES
    13 - Dave (PHB) - NOT SURE YET
    14 - Peter - YES
    15 - Gav - NO (WORKING)
    16 - Mark - YES
    17 - Conor - YES
    18 - Cathal - YES (BUT WILL BE LATE)
    19 - Iain - NO
    20 - Peader - YES
    21 - Kenny -NO

lads, 15 players are missing tonight for one reason or another.thats shocking. now i know we have 5 injuriers and another 3 people away, but 15 is alot. is everybody thats on the working list going to miss our monday games when the league starts up?? or is tonight just a once off and we will be ok next week.

anyway, i have asked 3 lads to help us out tonight, its not ideal as this is still a team in process of building, but nothing can be done bout it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'm out of this lads. Lehmann Brothers and all that stuff means I'm gonna be mental at work today and the rest of the week. Best of luck though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Do we have jerseys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

lads, 15 players are missing tonight for one reason or another.thats shocking. now i know we have 5 injuriers and another 3 people away, but 15 is alot. is everybody thats on the working list going to miss our monday games when the league starts up?? or is tonight just a once off and we will be ok next week.

In fairness Ed you signed us up for a monday night league without ever asking us (I wasnt asked anyway, if you asked the rest and I wasnt there then fair enough) and we got told on Friday about it. Bit of a short notice

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

We talked about this league after a friendly I think and I doubt anyone objected to it then. Ed told us as soon as he found about the fixture so he couldn't do anything about the short notice. Most people seem to have genuine excuses but it seems like were starting off like last year again struggling for numbers especially since were gonna have games on monday this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

1 out of 5 games on a Monday probably. Relax, we'll be fine. Sure we have 370 squad players anyway

In fairness Ed you signed us up for a monday night league without ever asking us (I wasnt asked anyway, if you asked the rest and I wasnt there then fair enough) and we got told on Friday about it. Bit of a short notice

this league was talked about 4 weeks ago and it was agreed then to enter it, it was the first match and yes, you were there! we were only given the fixtures on friday morning. thats the way these things work.

Updated Squad, dave is in for this now, so we will have 10 plus Cathal will be on for the second half. I have 3 mates coming also, feel free to bring anybody else. i can play outfield if somebody can bring a keeper, though im not 100% over my groin injury.

as regards the opposition, they will be good, they were in division 2 last season. even though they finished 2nd bottom, they still wracked up 21 points, which shows how tough those leagues are close to the top. will be a tough game for us tonight.

Ed - YES (will play in Goals)
    Dan - YES
    Larry - YES
    Art - YES
    Mark - YES
    Conor - YES
    Cathal - YES (BUT WILL BE LATE)
    Keith - YES
    Dave (PHB) - YES
    Peter - YES
    Peader - YES

Other -
    Mick - RF or Winger.
    Barry - CH or LF/Wing
    Declan - CB or CM (big strong lad, not afriad to kick people!)

Michael - NO (AWAY)
    Simon - NO (AWAY)
    Lepo - NO (WORKING)
    Gav - NO (WORKING)
    Iain - NO
    Kenny -NO
    Eddie - NO (WORKING)
    Derek - NO (INJURED)
    Robbie - NO (WORKING)
    Daryl - NO (AWAY)

Plus the 4 Long term injuries.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I know we've got a few missing but I think this will be a good test.

Ed, do we have jerseys? and how are we paying?

I know we've got a few missing but I think this will be a good test.

Ed, do we have jerseys? and how are we paying?

just rang des. we have no jersies.

we will pay as we have been paying for the past few weeks, des will pay the money up front and then we can pay it back on the nights. works out the same really.

• Advertisement

can somebody please bring keepers gloves!!!!

super display. they started with 9 and we went 1-0 up straight away,larry knocking in arts shot and pressed on, got the 2nd when they were at 10 players on the pitch, this time art knocked in Larrys corner. By the time they got 11 on, we got a 3rd goal, art again on the back post after a cross from peader. so 3-0 up after bout 15 minutes and we continued to press, art hit the post, peader hit the bar and we had another 2 or 3 great chances. we also were denied 2 stone walls penalties, but the ref told me afterwards, he was leaving a few things go to give us a better game as we were all over them. they scored from a free header from a corner to put it 3-1 at half time.

second half was more even and was tight for about 15 minutes. then larry put in a great ball to art to get his hat-trick 1 on 1. they got one back on the break, a cracker into the top corner. 4-2 and they missed sitter a minute later for 4-3. we broke and peter made it 5-2. so we were lucky there, but made up for earlier misses that we had and some dodgy refeering :)

so, solid display. mick, playing at lb for the first time, was very good. conor and mark dominated midfield. but star of the show was larry, who played his best game ever for boards. he could do no wrong tonight and was everywhere. art took his goals well also.

we are building a decent squad and its going to be hard to dislodge some of the new players who have certainly laid a serious claim for regular positions. we have added great strength this year and it can only help us to do far far better this year in the league.

and so on to Iona...we need everybody for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Great performance lads, great to hear things are really progressing and fair play to Larry and Art for what sound like great games - is Larry still lazing about and letting everyone else do his running for him :p ?

And you're spot on there Ed - I haven't seen some of the new players yet but it sounds like there's genuine competition for almost every position and not one player can be expecting to just walk into the team. That's what we've been saying we need for ages, so this gives every time to push on to really challenge for trophies, great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Pre-season seems to be working. Alot more fluid play than when we first started. Good to see everyone running fit until the end as well. Solid goalkeeping ed. First goal was a bit lucky and second goal was something special. Fair play lads.

Was a good performorance apart from a couple of short shaky periods.

We zipped some good passing around and as mentioned above Mark really dominated the midfield. The RTE lads would love you, the ball skills of Andy Reid and the energy of stephen hunt!

Will be a tough game next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good result lads. Looking forward to getting back into it in two weeks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wolfenstein

A good performance and a good win but with the caveat that they were short players for the first 20min or so. We sill played well when they had the full compliment due alot to the dominance of Conor and Mark for decent periods in midfield.
    We have a strong squad now and we're building momentum but this could all come undone next week against Iona, so we need everyone possible to show up and be up for it next week for us to come anyway close to that crowd.

Advertisement