Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

From the People at SVP

• 12-09-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭

News of yet another daily offer site. This time from the people at SVP

Some on Bargain Alerts will be familiar with SVP

http://24gone.com/?ref=news1109

Link says 'Coming Soon' but register for notifications and get a mystery free gift

Could be worth watching

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spotted this a few days ago, but was waiting for the first offer before posting.

Hope they actually do some decent offers - not stuff like £25 reduced to £22.... (or the largely crap clearance stuff they are trying to flog on their "Wild Wednesday" sales..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

For the "mystery free gift" you have to register interest before the first deal goes live.

Worth a punt.

As for SVP, I wait until they have a 99p shipping weekend, although even at full price the shipping is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

Who are SVP?

http://www.svp.co.uk

I've been buying blank DVDs, CDs and other stuff from them for years. Great site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

:S

I thought it was St Vincent de Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Fad wrote: »

so did i until i looked at the website. Was very confused there for a min :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

SVP are a very good media site, Only problem is their postage costs imo are far too high, They request you choose courier delivery rather than royal mail and as a result you pay a good bit for delivery, lets hope this site wont have simular practises :)

Nick

Yeah I usually buy in bulk when I use the site (I ask friends if they want anything, and we split the postage).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah I usually buy in bulk when I use the site (I ask friends if they want anything, and we split the postage).

I'd be the same m8, but for a single offer site like this, I don't know how the postage would work out :D

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

SVP were recently taken over by Enet.
    Enet bought all the main players in the media game through a series of subsidies and loans (SVP, UKDVDR, Bigpockets and Bigmaggot) .
    They are all trading from a huge warehouse in Scotland.
    SVP were a truly great company but the service has deteriorated drastically in the last few weeks .
    I hope that they will recover but I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Enet bought all the main players in the media game through a series of subsidies and loans (SVP, UKDVDR, Bigpockets and Bigmaggot) .
    SVP were a truly great company but the service has deteriorated drastically in the last few weeks .

i've been a customer of svp for 2 years and have always been very happy with them;
    however, i have noticed a deterioration in their service in the past few weeks, eg delivery taking 5 days or more instead of the usual 3, shortage of stock, etc;
    now i know why;
    thanks for the heads up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Feck, been using SVP for years, at least 4'ish, also used UKDVDR when SVP would be out of stock, big pockets just the once, sounds like someones trying to corner the market, could be good prices in time... but only time can tell

Didn't know that... wow.

As someone who gets 2-3 emails a week from them, you'd think they'd tell us.
    (Unless I missed it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Had forgotten about this. Just got an email:
    The wait is finally over! Introducing a daily deal website from the team behind SVP, offering one hot deal a day, every day of the year.

You now have until 11:59pm on Monday 17th November to register and we'll send you something for FREE! We're not going to tell you what it is (because that would take all the mystery away), but we're pretty confident that it'll be of some use to you, and how many times have you been able to say that about something you got for nothing?

EDIT:
    Never mind :( just read this in their FAQ
    I don't live in the UK. Do you deliver elsewhere?

No. As of this time we only deliver to UK mainland addresses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

bummer not delivering to the sod, even a surcharge would do... like with boffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

:(

Bah humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭cunstunt

I ordered the freebie using the famous BT post code and got this e-mail today!
    Mr cunstunt,

You'll be pleased to know that your order has been despatched.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you
    The 24gone.com Support

I'll post here if it arrives.
    And what it is - not exactly holding me breath though!

I was a bit suprised that they posted the order as I had posted on their forum about not being able to get stuff sent to Ireland! :)

slan,
    sw

I used a BT postcode as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Wasn't in work today to check my emails but here's hoping.

Sorting office in Belfast are going to be mighty p1ssed if we pull it off....LOL

Well, I'm pleased to say that the BT postcode worked and I got my free gift in the post today.

I am not, however, pleased to say that all I got was a poxy packet of 20 A6 glossy inkjet paper.

Oh well............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Yeah I got the same used london post code poxy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Fad wrote: »

SVP (Engerlish shower) robbed the SVP (Irish) charity's logo! Noticed that years ago... bad form.Think they might have changed it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

fdevine wrote: »
    Well, I'm pleased to say that the BT postcode worked and I got my free gift in the post today.

I am not, however, pleased to say that all I got was a poxy packet of 20 A6 glossy inkjet paper.

Oh well............

I tried this with an order the other week, and got the tracking reference the other, seems to have got out of the depot and back today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody know if it;s usb-powered or does it need mains ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Interesting. You say Enet owns Bigpockets. And Bigpockets owns Boffer, doesn't it? So, basically same cack, different URL?

Actually, looking at the site, there is indeed layout similarities with Boffer.

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Anybody know if it;s usb-powered or does it need mains ?

Are you asking about yesterdays 24gone offer? The port replicator?

If so, it is mains powered but will work without mains (at least for the COM port)

I would imagine that if you wanted to run several USB powered devices off the port replicator then you would want to mains power it.

Great piece of kit by the way. No idea why anyone might want 3 of the buggers though.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

suppafly wrote: »
    so did i until i looked at the website. Was very confused there for a min :)

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Looks like they've stopped delivering to Ireland.

el dude wrote: »
    Looks like they've stopped delivering to Ireland.

24Gone never delivered to Ireland, (well South of the border)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I got the free item all you have to do is make up a post code and they will deliver to Ireland

• Advertisement

I got the free item all you have to do is make up a post code and they will deliver to Ireland

I tried that with an order, they used a courier service rather than the post office, so no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

24gone?? SVP i'm on about.

fdevine wrote: »
    News of yet another daily offer site. This time from the people at SVP

Some on Bargain Alerts will be familiar with SVP

http://24gone.com/?ref=news1109

Link says 'Coming Soon' but register for notifications and get a mystery free gift

Could be worth watching

No new offers posted for the past few days and the facebook page as disappeared...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I never saw any good deals on that website anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

the 24gone offer is available here:

http://www.svp.co.uk/24gone/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Dogre wrote: »
    the 24gone offer is available here:

http://www.svp.co.uk/24gone/

last time i checked, like svp, 24 gone don't deliver to the republic

• Advertisement
Advertisement