Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling in South America

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

t5pwr wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Some great advice so far. I have booked my trip today and will spend about 3 1/2 months in South America.

Few questions that came to mind.
    Can anyone recommend a good hostel in Rio and if it can be booked before I get there?
    Also I have to book some form of transport out of Brazil, is there an online place to book a bus or train? What would be the cheapest to take?

Last question, what is the best way to book the Inca trail? Can I book it online. Looks like I'll be doing it in late December or there abouts.

Thank

I stayed in Yellow Mellow(or was it Mellow Yellow??) in Rio for a few days. Nice hostel, plenty of young people and, they have organised trips everyday which is very handy(if not a little expensive), and they also organise nights out. I did hear of someone getting bed bugs while I was there, but me and my friends had no problems.

I took a bus into Rio, think I just booked it at he station. Depends on where you're going to on which to take. Buses are fine, I don't remember if there actually are trains there, nobody mentioned them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

t5pwr wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Some great advice so far. I have booked my trip today and will spend about 3 1/2 months in South America.

Few questions that came to mind.
    Can anyone recommend a good hostel in Rio and if it can be booked before I get there?
    Also I have to book some form of transport out of Brazil, is there an online place to book a bus or train? What would be the cheapest to take?

Last question, what is the best way to book the Inca trail? Can I book it online. Looks like I'll be doing it in late December or there abouts.

Thank

t5pwr,

Booked through Llamapath after plenty of recommendations from eveyone http://www.llamapath.com/index.html .I'd check your availablity for december as you normally have to book a couple of months in advance http://www.llamapath.com/incatrail-availability.htm .

Booking through trailfinders or gap year seems to be alot more expensive so just book locally through these guys.It was a doddle,I think they're peruvian/british owned.

will be there for late feb.Hope don't get rained out too much!

Advertisement