Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First time selling car privately-help!

Options
  • 12-09-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Giving private selling a go for the first time and looking for tips! Its a blue 00 Audi A6, only 50k on the clock as its mainly a weekend car due to no parking at work! Its in good condition, had a service last month and nct'd to may 2010. Log books etc to support mileage. Looking for about 6200 for it. On carzone the average price is 7040 and they have more mileage. Any hints and tips? Cars seem to be moving at a slow pace at the moment. How do you find private sales/what do you love hate about them or how would you go about yours? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The second hand car market is dead at the moment. Everyone and their mother is trying to sell their car privately at the moment.

Unless you are prepared to take a fair hit on the price it will not sell. Don't pay much attention to carzone prices, there are alot of dealers up there offering warranties which you cannot. There are also alot of dreamers there who overvalue their cars. Take the cheapest one and price yours below it.

The fact that the car has very low mileage should attract people however more than likely they will look for evidence that mileage is genuine and not clocked, in other words a documented service history with receipts for any work done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Great thanks! I think its priced low enough and can't really sell for less. Have log books to show mileage and services. It was bought from a company and was in use then as a company exec car so was kept really well. I've just noticed the selling car thread so i'll stick it in there :o

Advertisement