Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anniversary Gift, help from the ladies please.

Options
  • 12-09-2008 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi there folks,

My gf and I will be together 4 years in November, I would like to get something nice for her and was hoping ye could help me out with a few ideas.
    As we have been together a good while I have kind of ran out of stuff to get her! Got her lots of nice jewelry, a day at the spa with everything she wanted. A day of shopping, me paying and actually going around all the shops with her!! :eek: Last present was some stuff from Brown Thomas, make up stuff I think, (I don’t really know what it’s called) a good ipod dock and a photo book of our trip to NZ, so if ye could help me out that would be great!! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I could have written the exact same post myself.

Ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

How about a nice rosemantic weekend away!

Or an engagement ring! ;)

mine already has the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

syklops wrote: »
    I could have written the exact same post myself.

Ideas anyone?

How the hell did you get our pics of NZ????:D

I don't think we are ready for that ring yet, although I have taught about it!

Its ok I dont have your pictures from NZ. But otherwise, everything else is pretty much the same. She does not have the dock for the iPod, so thats plan B. Do they make them for the ipod nano's?

In many ways there are lots of things I could get her but I earn good money and she does not, and after last xmas(when I bought her a computer) she said she was a bit guilty that she could not get me something to match that. Now I didnt care, I loved what she got me, but I still don't want her to feel uncomfortable by getting her something big.

And I dont want something as cold as a DVD as we have hundreds.

• Advertisement

I really think it was a bad idea moving this from the ladies lounge. No one ever seems to come here.

Ya, i'd be the same, money wise like. I got this ipod speaker:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=337886&gclid=CNP7hbW81pUCFRWTMAodMQuyXQ

Its a super job, very good quality sound and has built in radio, good price to with a remote, I think the nano will fit but not sure.

Also found this for a nice weekend:

http://www.riverbankcottage.net/riverbank-barn/accommodation.html

just sent my dates to see if i can get a booking, fingers crossed! ;)

Defo should not have been moved!!! Nobody comes in here like!!!!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I really think it was a bad idea moving this from the ladies lounge. No one ever seems to come here.
    Defo should not have been moved!!! Nobody comes in here like!!!!:mad::mad:

You see, people only seem to come here and ask questions, they never contribute anything after they've gotten their answers. Hence the emptiness.

Any chance we could have it moved back to TLL??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Back, in The Ladies Lounge, by popular demand !

My apologies mods, if you really dont want it send it back

• Advertisement

Thanks very much!!!

So ladies, any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Lots of women like romance and attention, so the weekend away is a fabulous idea. Why not put a book together that commemorates your four years together? With pictures and things you love about her and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunstar

ok reading back over your opening post you gave great presents in the past but these are only matieral things. this time try give her something that has some meaning attached that shows her how much you care about her.seriously every girl is a romantic at heart and would love for their OH to give them something that may be worthless moneywise but rich in sentimental value. this could be for example taking her out to where you first met, making her a cd of all her favorite songs, give her a card with a really nice love peom which you will hopefully find and write it in the other side ha!this could even be song lyrics that both you and her love...you could take her away for the weekend, cook her dinner.

for birthdays i think presents should be perfume etc etc but anniversaries are much more special and so it should be sentimental.

ha no pressure though!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

pillypen's idea is a great one,a romantic weekend away is great as she wont have to cook but be waited on,every womens dream ( well mine anyway) am sure whatever you do she will be happy best of luck :)

where did you first meet? was it somewhere special? as you could always reinact that encounter

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Whether or not you think it was a bad idea is irrelevent. TLL is not the place for these threads and while I didn't move this one, just so no-one can't say they haven't been warned, I will be moving any more like this I see to Gift Ideas. Putting "help from the ladies" into a thread title doesn't automatically make it an LL thread. I'm not going to move this one back there only because I don't want to start a thread tennis match with the mods there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Admitidly I am married now, but my husband still takes me away to Paris for our anniversarry of our first date, he has been doing that since we were dating 5 years - I love it. We also go back to the place that we went on our first date a few weeks later (though we still hate the place!)...he also takes me out for a romantic meal in Paris and we walk hand in hand along the river Seine (few things are more romantic in my opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Plan a nice trip together?

What's she doing for you/getting you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

I'll be brutally honest here and tell you that, in my opinion, you made a mistake giving the classical presents away so early on. Personally, I would never want anything more than a bunch of red roses or some nice chocolate etc. Something small. The "big" things are for reaaaally special anniversaries: the 5th, 10th, 15th... That way, they actually remain special and you don't feel lost as to how to top the last special gift you gave her. There will come the day when the presents are bound to become cheaper/less original unless you're loaded. ;)

Anyway, what's done is done. I'd still try to downlevel a little. It's not all about money, or at least it shouldn't be. You could create a puzzle/riddle type of game for her, i.e., take her for a walk/let her go on a walk to certain places that might have a special meaning to you, hide some sort of clue/message there that includes the hint for the next place as well as maybe a line or two on "Do you remember when I first kissed you here and you got all embarrassed because these teens were watching us..."*. That way, you will send her on a trip down memory lane, which she might enjoy. You could always end it in that new restaurant she was talking about, with you waiting for her to add a new nice memory to the list. Then again, that idea might be kept for when (if) you want to propose? :)

*No, did not happen to me - thank Gawd. :D

Well folks, thanks for all the replies and there are some very good ideas in there but................. she broke up with me this weekend, she wants time apart to make sure I'm the right person for her. I'm heart broken to say the least, anyway thanks for yer help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunstar

im so sorry to hear that:( but dont let your heart break totally just yet because she probably just needs some space.space and time in which she may realise that maybe you are the right and only person for her:)

four years is a solid relationship.you might find it hard to beleive but id say she feels pretty crap at the moment too.

• Advertisement

sunstar wrote: »
    im so sorry to hear that:( but dont let your heart break totally just yet because she probably just needs some space.space and time in which she may realise that maybe you are the right and only person for her:)

four years is a solid relationship.you might find it hard to beleive but id say she feels pretty crap at the moment too.

Thank you Sunstar, ill give her as much space as she needs, we have put way to much into this relationship just to let it fall apart because I cant give her space! It is very difficult though, like its total no contact, so its like I have lost my best friend too and its a bit very hard to take:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Well folks, thanks for all the replies and there are some very good ideas in there but................. she broke up with me this weekend, she wants time apart to make sure I'm the right person for her. I'm heart broken to say the least, anyway thanks for yer help.
    Wow, very sorry to hear that. :(

Advertisement