Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NRL Playoffs Thread. Contains Spoliers.

• 12-09-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Just watched The Roosters V The Broncos...probably the best game of league I've seen all season, English or Australian, and contains a definite contender for try of the season. Massively physical, skillful game. Catch it if you can, (Setanta showing it)

Score:
    Roosters 16 Broncos 24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Some superb games this weekend, shocker got to be the Warriors victory over the Storm,. Warriors played some of their best rugby of the season and might be a good wildcard bet...Wiki and henderson immense, and tbh could have won by more had they not squandered a lot of their attacking opportunities...what a fantastic final 10..

Manly V St.George, I didn't catch but heard the Sea Eagles dominated. Cronulla V Canberra, not as clear cut as the score might suggest...some good footy from both sides, but in the end Cronulla had too much class for the All-Greens.

Roosters V Warriors should be a fantastic clash next round. (make that Warriors v Roosters...earned a homer)

Warriors 30 13 Roosters

What a fantastic performance by the Warriors, beautiful rugby...looking better and better, they might just do it. Manly up next Saturday..Wiki, Henderson, Hohaia, Vatuvai..all immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pity there were so many tight decisions in this match, just kinda takes the shine off the result IMO.

What did you think of the penalty try? And the try that the Warriors got when they were on 12 points?

amacachi wrote: »
    Pity there were so many tight decisions in this match, just kinda takes the shine off the result IMO.

What did you think of the penalty try? And the try that the Warriors got when they were on 12 points?

Penalty try a crazy decision, a penalty and perhaps a yellow at best. As for the warriors try, dodgy...but you could argue a case of justice being done.

I dunno what it's like in the NRL but in the Super League I'd like to see them given now and then. That one wasn't the right place to see one though :P

I was only really half paying attention to it, but there seemed to be a lot of big hits which was nice :P When's the final on?

• Advertisement

2 preliminary finals next weekend, Manly V Warriors and Cronulla V The Storm (who beat Brisbane today in the final minute in an absolute thriller), then grand final, first weekend in October.

Next weekends games should be something special...

You and your big mouth, coulda seen the Storm against Brisbane on Setanta, but ya had to ruin the ending! :P

Aye, should be good alright, I only got Setanta about a month ago and other than the Warriors/Roosters match I haven't been all that impressed with the NRL.

amacachi wrote: »
    You and your big mouth, coulda seen the Storm against Brisbane on Setanta, but ya had to ruin the ending! :P

Aye, should be good alright, I only got Setanta about a month ago and other than the Warriors/Roosters match I haven't been all that impressed with the NRL.

****e amacachi, apologies...but give it a watch anyway,a really enjoyable game

Re: the NRL, I really enjoy it, but I think the gap between the Aussie comp and the superleague is well and truly closed, as the saints proved againts us last night:(.

I've really enjoyed the NRL playoffs, some excellent games, and some brilliant rugby, and I reckon next weekends two games should be superb...

Ah it's no bother, I knew there were spoilers, it's me own fault :P

I only started watchin League last year really, so which way was the gap? Aus > Europe?

I like how both leagues are coming to a head at the same time, pity I can't watch the Aussie finals live, stupid famliy and stupid lack of Sky+ :P

My favourite moment from last weekends playoffs...Wiki is a monster....

• Advertisement

+1

Was hopin to find that to show to a few people.

One sided affair, and a pretty poor spectacle,despite Storm scoring a few nice tries...Cronulla looked hopelessly out of their depth (despite Kimmorley's best efforts)...Cronulla 0 Melboune 28

Only saw the last 35 minutes but I thought Melbourne put on one of the best defensive displays I've ever seen. Might've been a combination of good defence and Cronulla not playing well, but they just always seemed to be able to have 3 or 4 men in the right place every time they needed them.

Quite an anti-climax...Complete demolition of the Storm by Manly, who played some sublime rugby. Had Tipped the Sea Eagles, but not at a canter like that...Final Score...Manly 40 Melbourne 0...The Aussie team at the WC is going to be loaded with these Manly boys.

61 minutes gone, what a poor way for the final to go.

Yeah, real disappointment. Manly were on another level, but Storm looked tired and dispirited. Superleague final a far superior game (but then i would say that wouldn't I?).:)

Advertisement