Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decided on mains yet?

Options
  • 12-09-2008 12:54pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well after 4 days of the OB im totally hooked :)
    BUT i cant decide on a main to start with or indeed Order or Destruction.

Just to sum up my 4 days in order of what ive rolled :

SHAMAN

Rolled a shaman first ,loved him instantly especially that green channeling spell he has,i thought the healing was ok until i tried the Zealot.
    The shaman at lvl 10 has 2 HOTs,one instant cast which you can spam when running away from trouble,the other is a .5 of a second cast or something so its pretty easy to get off 2 HOTs.
    Then he has a larger heal but its a long cast time and a bigger but is its easily interrupted so is very situational.
    Love the waagh/mork mechanic,very clever.
    Overall the shamam has ok i guess and healing is ok i guess but he is such a cool little dude :)

BLACK ORC

Im not into melee in mmos but this guy was easily the most fun melee class ive come across especially when you get the big 2 handeed axe from influence gear rewards.
    Combat is fun with nice animations and sounds which instantly says to you " this is one aggressive Orc" :)
    Overall fun class.

SORCERESS/BRIGHT WIZARD

Very nice damage,a small DOT,one PBAOE and a few more nukes, really liked this class and especially the combustion mechanic.
    At lvl 6 or so you get a great buff that improves damage i think but the effect on your staff looks excellent.
    Havent levelled up high enough to see the AOE but overall i really like this class.

The Bright wizard is the very same as Sorceress in every way except its fire damge at the core instead of dark magic that the Sorceress uses.
    I got to admit i prefer the spell effects from the Bright Wizard.

ZEALOT/RUNE PRIEST

The Zealot is a very cool looking character,damage is ok for a pure healer and almost as good as the shaman i found.
    Healing is excellent,at lvl 7 my zealot has one decent HOT and a single bigger heal BOTH of which are castable while on the run wghich is of huge value for rvr.
    I thought the shaman had decent heals until i played the zealot in rvr.
    I played a small bit of the rune priest also and again i preferred the Orders characters spell effects.

ENGINEER

Another class i really liked,equipped with ability to build a turret,throw grenades,drop barbed wire to snare guys,ability to snipe with his gun for big damage.
    Overall i really liked the Engineer.

I also tried the Squig herder,shadow warrior but didnt like them personally.

So what do i roll for full game?
    What side do i play for?

Destruction
    I loved the Zealot,Shaman,Sorceress,Black Orc

Order
    Loved the Rune priest,Engineer and bright wizard

Decisions decisions :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

After getting my Shaman to level 7, i know for sure that i will pick a Shaman. He's great fun, plus i can heal well and do some good damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

So far I've tried Magus, Chosen, Zealot, Squig Herder and Sorceress. I'd ideally like to try the others before I pick.

On the Order side I've had a quick spin with the Shadow Warrior and the Engineer. I think I prefer the Engineer.

Haven't got anything above L5 or 6 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I'm liking the magus so far, haven't tried any others but it'll either be the magus or chosen. Healer characters are the win in this game, we had 3 lvl 11 chars in rvr earlier (no healer) vs. 2 lvl 4 elf healers a lvl 8 elf warrior and a lvl 4 archer, and they raped us without losing a single character. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Bright Wizard has definitely caught my eye. I've still some more to play around with, but I've a feeling I'll stick with him.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I agree the effects for the Bright Wizard are much better than the Sorcerer, which I played to lvl6 last night. Going to try a magus next & see which I prefer but I think I'll settle on a caster of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Pretty sure I will roll a Zealot and a Squiggy as my two mains. I have done the tank thing on WoW so a Ranged DPS and healer are on the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

maruder/black orc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I was gonna go Swordmaster or Archmage but after playing them I wasn't too impressed. So now I am going Witch-hunter, probably move to Dwarf area to start as have seen HE and Empire. Plus they lack a Melee DPS.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

engineer is good fun - you should try that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Was going to go squig herder but was kinda dissapointed with it after a while. Then tried black orc and loved it so going that. I guess its because I loved my warrior in wow for 3+ years :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Played desciple of khaine there and I found it quite interesting trying to manage effective healing and attacking together.

Not 100% yet what to do as I'm the person who loves to jump straight into a crowd of enemy, right in the middle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not 100% yet what to do as I'm the person who loves to jump straight into a crowd of enemy, right in the middle
    Sounds like a job for a Black Orc or Iron Breaker.

Yeah but some of the healers I've encountered during beta are woeful...

But I spose its beta.
    Wont be able to "test" a tank now since beta is over

Ah I expected beta to be over now. sweet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KoKane wrote: »
    Ah I expected beta to be over now. sweet

No, they've extended it to tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

humanji wrote: »
    Bright Wizard has definitely caught my eye. I've still some more to play around with, but I've a feeling I'll stick with him.
    Well you've already got the avatar sorted.

Think I'll go Shaman myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

so many choices so little time, thinking of a witch elf to begin with

Advertisement