Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re starting an old game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Prime_ wrote: »
    Agreed about the €200 buyin.

Should be a great game..

Swar the fitz has agreed to pay for you to fly over, it'll be +EV for them and everyone at the table

Why don't we fly out to him?.......mmmm middle eastern road trip........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭dagunman

yeh 200 is what i taught at the start but then someone was sayen 400, but yeh agreeded 200 is a better idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

wp n organizn dis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

wp n organizn dis

soz cnt spel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

Good stuff John. Won't be there on Thursday to donate but I might make it in on Friday if it was going. I'd still prefer to see it in the SE though as the surroundings are better, not so much noise etc. Plus their icecream has improved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Oh the sickness is back... Woo hoo.. I would agree with Paul re playing this in the SE but this game will simply need more traffic if it is to keep going. We got a half decent game going last week in the SE but it tapered off due to no traffic.

Maybe consider alternating venues if it really gets going. I should be ok for Thurs which will deffo add to the numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

im in belfast thurs and off to portugal for 5 or 6 days fri, but will defo play it from the week after on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Moving it to the emporium seems like a really really bad idea. By all accounts that place is dead now. Just keep it in the only place which can sustain it imo.

Rob your really going to hurt the numbers by not playen,half the reason we got the game goin was to watch noel hayes call you with a hi and get a chunk of that 40k you now have, while simulatainously watch you explode at his fishy play.(remains the funniest thing I have yet to see at a poker table).
    If we wanted a quite setting we could always ask for the balconey in the fitz,but the whole point is to get more passing traffic. I know fitz can be cramped at times, but come on, theres surely worse working conditions.
    Also in the long term the game has a much better chance of surviving in the fitz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

NOT PLAYING IF TILTY TAYLOR ISNT PLAYING. I MADE THIS CLEAR JOHN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

will the game be 10 handed or 9 handed?

i assume 9,10 b a bit ridic. wats the norm in there?
    ppl sayen the plo round should be 1/2 live 5 and the nlh 2/5 live 10.
    Seems to be a fair point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

any idea what the lineup is yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

any idea what the lineup is yet?

Usual_Suspects.jpg

confirmed so far:
    John O Shea
    Donal Norton
    Seamus
    David Hall
    Jay O' Toole
    Chub

good few other ppl cumin in,about 10 50/50's.
    Denise said theres interest from a few fitz regs so it wil defo fill

If this game keeps running I'm sure I'll come in to play it next time I'm back in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

If this game keeps running I'm sure I'll come in to play it next time I'm back in Ireland.

How's Argentina?

bump etc all that bollix.
    Game on tonight, ko at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

how's all that money you owe me?

RoundTower wrote: »
    how's all that money you owe me?

I don't owe you any money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I don't owe you any money

standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

fail128596982036694086.jpg

dagunman wrote: »
    bump etc all that bollix.
    Game on tonight, ko at 9

how the game play out - going all nite?
    was jay the value? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I was reading a thread about this game on another forum. Doesn't sound like much value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Tight Ted wrote: »
    I was reading a thread about this game on another forum. Doesn't sound like much value.

what forum?

The game broke at 10.15 when word filtered through that Jay wouldnt be in to play.

Starting lineup from 1-9 was

Rory Rees Brennan
    David Callaghan
    Me
    Ciaran Burke
    John O'Shea
    Andrew Grimasson (young dublin phenom)
    Donal Norton
    David Hall
    Kevin Corcoran

right not sure if ur serious noel - the game actually broke after just an hour?
    max buy in of 2K - was that the norm - just in case i stroll in some thursday - don't to walk in with just a monkey... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Prime_

lol he's jokin. that was the initial lineup which was sick, but the game got better later in the night after JOS chubbs rory etc left. I left at 6:30 and the game was still going...

I'm guessing the initial lineup wont be as sick every week, those boys tend to come in together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

when did you pop in seamus? i rang chub bout 12 to see what the line up was and then decided not to go in! Would of been a decideing factor had i known you were in! atleast some value!!!

when did you pop in seamus? i rang chub bout 12 to see what the line up was and then decided not to go in! Would of been a decideing factor had i known you were in! atleast some value!!!

Noel must have been gone when you rang....:D

seamus - what were the stack sizes like - did it play fairly deep?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Ace2007 wrote: »

seamus - what were the stack sizes like - did it play fairly deep?

If by deep you mean the lads rectally massaging each others egos then yes Id guess it played pretty deep baby.

Advertisement