Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Release Date

Options
  • 12-09-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Whats the release day for this? I might need something to tie me over till Mines of Moria comes out for Lotro. I went down to Game at lunchtime but didn't see any marketing material for it around when I had though they would have had it for sale it anticipation of the servers going live...

Also any recommendation for buying it online? Whose the cheapest(and reliable) online distributor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its released on thursday the 18th

I'm going to pick it up in hmv most likely, getting it online means you can't guarantee you'll have it on launch and the price difference isn't so much.

I still intend to warg though, so keep those tuesdays free :p

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

HMV sounds like the best bet so.
    I still intend to warg though, so keep those tuesdays free :p

You missed some good pvping yesterday. First time there has been a fully freep controlled map in a long while so there was a nice opportunity to get some infamy. Grams camping meant that a lot of the creeps logged off but I didnt mind as I was able to wreck with some of the freeps heads by continuously stealthing and then pouncing them. Hopefully the balance has turned a little as it had been disheartening at times with it being so one sided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well today was the first time in over a week I logged on and was surprised to see the map blue. req and thraxe where on as well, but the raid we where in was useless. We'll have to get the tuesdays going again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Keep that lotro trash outta here [joke] :)
    Hiya Lister mate,this warhamer is amazing,way better than aoc and lotro imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

I thought I told you that you couldnt rate lotro until you get to level 50! Agree with you on aoc but to be truthfull I dint spend that much time playing it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

A few chars in their 30s was enough for me to see i didnt like the game much.
    Lotro is one of the lowest played mmos and for a reason i feel :)
    Only 200,000 subscribers and in fairness a lot of them are life time subscribers.
    Its a decent game but very defintely the bottom of the pile along with guild wars in my opinion.
    All a matter of taste however :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Hm, I got my keys for the headstart today, but how am I going to play the game with no software? :P

The box might arrive a week after the launch date, and I couldn't see any download links on the WAR site except for the beta client.

Anyone know how this is gonna work? Not much point in allowing people to create an account a few days early and not having them play :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

netman wrote: »
    The box might arrive a week after the launch date, and I couldn't see any download links on the WAR site except for the beta client.

Anyone know how this is gonna work? Not much point in allowing people to create an account a few days early and not having them play :P

You use the beta client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Been downloading the client for the past 24h and I'm stuck at 99%.

Is there something weird going on with WAR?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

It doesn't go to 100%, at least mine didn't. So long as the countdown timer is finished you're good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JesterWX

So what's the story with the 'bricks and mortars' pre-orders for the CEs? Do we just bring our little empty cases and receipts into HMV or GAME on Thursday and pick up the full box? Are we quaranteed there will be one for everyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

JesterWX wrote: »
    So what's the story with the 'bricks and mortars' pre-orders for the CEs? Do we just bring our little empty cases and receipts into HMV or GAME on Thursday and pick up the full box? Are we quaranteed there will be one for everyone?

Just been in Gamestop, they're receiving theirs on Wednesday, and they can be collected on Thursday with proof of preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Gamestop in Drogheda said they will have it at 6 AM but cant sell till after 6PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JesterWX

Spear wrote: »
    Just been in Gamestop, they're receiving theirs on Wednesday, and they can be collected on Thursday with proof of preorder.

Super. Hopefully HMV are on the same schedule. Should be able to get in Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

more i read this more im considering buying it

My mate jsut got back into wow, so now ive got a choice on ym hands :D

The pvp aspect of WAr is ppealing more to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

more i read this more im considering buying it

My mate jsut got back into wow, so now ive got a choice on ym hands :D

The pvp aspect of WAr is ppealing more to me

well you can ether face yourself with the decision of pvping in war, were your aginst other players and the tactics are always diffrent

or playing pve in wow were its the same tactic over and over again, same dungeon and hoping you have a good pug group and wont die :P

Advertisement