Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making the bottom of thread elements optional

Options
  • 12-09-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Following on from this thread in feedback:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376014

At the bottom of every page of posts now there is quite a bit of clutter between ads and toolbars. I was wondering would it be possible in the User CP to switch off certain parts. The "Similar Threads" element, for example, is something I never use and I think most other posters rarely use it either.

So basically would it be possible to put options in the CP to switch off one or more of the following items:
    • The site location/map type bar (boards.ie > sys > feedback)
    • The bookmarks with Digg, Stumble Upon etc.
    • Tags
    • Quick Reply
    • Previous Thread / Next Thread
    • Posting Rules
    • Similar Threads
    • Time Zone
    • Bar with Quick Style Chooser

The main two that I think are causing "clutter" are the Quick Reply and Similar Threads options. I recognise that I may be the only one that feels this way and if so obviously it would be a waste of resources to set it up. I thought I'd put the request up anyway and if people agree with it they can +1.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Keep Quick Reply but get rid of the other crap I would say. :)

Having them all optional would be very nice though !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well you can remove most of the quick reply and similar threads box (also works for the post rules) by clicking the button on the top right hand corner of the box.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement