Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB TV

• 12-09-2008 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I think we need a thread dedicated to MLB TV.

2 things today:

1. Has anyone found their streaming really crap lately? Mine keeps freezing-and I don't think it's an issue with my broadband as I can watch ESPN360 just fine. Is it that it is getting towards the end of the year and more people watching=more strain on their servers/hardware? I've cleared the cache etc.

2. I see that they now offer the choice of home and away commentary-yipee-no more Michael friggin' Kay and his 'SEE YA' ****e. Bring on Rem Dog every night!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I think we need a thread dedicated to MLB TV.

2 things today:

1. Has anyone found their streaming really crap lately? Mine keeps freezing-and I don't think it's an issue with my broadband as I can watch ESPN360 just fine. Is it that it is getting towards the end of the year and more people watching=more strain on their servers/hardware? I've cleared the cache etc.

2. I see that they now offer the choice of home and away commentary-yipee-no more Michael friggin' Kay and his 'SEE YA' ****e. Bring on Rem Dog every night!

I like Michael Kay tbh...and the Red Sox guys are quality too. My stream is fine. Silverlight is an absolute joke, so I've used a workaround so I can watch the 1.2Mb stream using WMP, and this weekend I hooked it up to my TV and it worked great (except for the $#@#$^ results that is!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

zuutroy wrote: »
    I like Michael Kay tbh...and the Red Sox guys are quality too. My stream is fine. Silverlight is an absolute joke, so I've used a workaround so I can watch the 1.2Mb stream using WMP, and this weekend I hooked it up to my TV and it worked great (except for the $#@#$^ results that is!)

Mine is working perfectly on Silverlight now tbh. Hopefully it will stay that way for the rest of the year!! Is it just an S video cable needed to hook it up to the tv? Might have to try that out for the Rays series.

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Mine is working perfectly on Silverlight now tbh. Hopefully it will stay that way for the rest of the year!! Is it just an S video cable needed to hook it up to the tv? Might have to try that out for the Rays series.

Yeah it is...do you not think silverlight is horribly choppy and blurred?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

zuutroy wrote: »
    Yeah it is...do you not think silverlight is horribly choppy and blurred?

Thanks for that.. No mine works perfectly fine. At the start of the season it was choppy and blurred but now it works fine.

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.. No mine works perfectly fine. At the start of the season it was choppy and blurred but now it works fine.

Very strange. I have nextdef and all that jazz, but it still looks woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Hey guys, does the MLB.tv Premium package also give you the chance to watch the playoffs, or do you need to pay extra once regular season is over?

Playoffs are included I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

vote4pedro wrote: »
    Hey guys, does the MLB.tv Premium package also give you the chance to watch the playoffs, or do you need to pay extra once regular season is over?

It's included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Thanks guys, that sounds good. I was worried as I thought I remembered it saying it only covered all regular season games, and then I got the email about buying MLB.tv international subscription too so thought it may not have been included (afaik in the US it mlb.tv wont be covering the postseason)

Advertisement