Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will become the Ringmaster of the Circus?

• 12-09-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=860779
    The Blackburn Rovers manager refused to comment on what he termed 'speculation' that he was set to take up the reins at St James' Park.

Although Ince has only been at Ewood Park with Rovers for three Premier League matches, it is understood that Newcastle are interested in acquiring his services.

Ince enjoys a close relationship with Newcastle executive director (football) Dennis Wise, with whom he shared a bond at Swindon Town during an early forray into management.

Since Kevin Keegan's abrupt St James' Park departure, a number of names have been in the frame for the post. Speculation suggests that Ince and Tottenham Hotspur assistant manager Gustavo Poyet are the early front-runners. Poyet has also worked with Wise, during their time at Leeds United.

Newcastle play Hull City tomorrow, while Blackburn travel to Arsenal. Newcastle's top-brass are reportedly interested in seeing how Ince fares against high-class opposition before making a move for him.

The man himself however, refused to be drawn on speculation; he neither ruled himself in nor out of the running for the poisoned chalice.

He stated to the press: "It is flattering to be linked to any club but it is speculation and I do not comment on speculation."

Why in the world would (a) Newcastle even consider Ince, (b) Ince considering leaving for Newcastle(Money I suppose)

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Abject foolishness imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Mr. X wrote: »
    http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=860779

Why in the world would (a) Newcastle even consider Ince, (b) Ince considering leaving for Newcastle(Money I suppose)

:confused::confused:

a) Keegan leaving Newcastle seems to have been more due to a falling out with the others as opposed to footballing reason. In order to avoid the same thing happening in the future Newcastle seem to be restricting their search to individuals they deem more than capable of forming a good working relationship with Wise and Co, hence they seem to be aiming towards friends and colleagues of the wee fecker.

b) Could be a host of reasons. money most likely, but maybe things aren't so hot in Blackburn. didn't Hughes leave because he felt the board wouldn't match his ambitions? could Ince be feeling the same so soon in? it's impossible to know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

More breaking news ;) lol, Indian Rich git was looking to buy the club has pulled out.

Reporting on SSN

Tbh thats what I thought, all money money money for ince if he leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

And I wake up to yet another great batch of news. Ambani was the fans only real glimmer of hope. By the sounds of things, MA and co. have told him to piss off, and he will be investing in another club, similar to how we gifted ADGU to City. Fcukin lovely.

If that wasn't bad enough, it looks like the rumors involving the 'Gov' weren't just pulp fiction. I cannot understand this at all, but then I couldn't understand why Mike Ashley would pick Wise over Keegan given the reaction of the fans, and I couldn't understand the repeated PR gaffs by the club. It seems MA is intent on disregarding everything that the fans feel, and is happy to keep pouring the petrol on the fire.

Regarding tomorrows game, its emerged that the club have been giving away tickets for free like hot cakes to kiddies football teams. Obviously they are scared sh/tless of having an empty ground, but yet are happy to bring in busloads of children to what is going to be a very hostile and ugly atmosphere.

I just want shot of these 3.gif

• Advertisement

It must suck so bad Charlie lad, I feel your pain!

It must suck so bad Charlie lad, I feel your pain!

Cheers man, but fear not, I am in good spirits at the moment. I have been waiting for the last 9 days for this Sat. to arrive so that we can finally take some action and show MA just how Donald Ducked he will be should he dig his heels in, and try and stick around.

I haven't heard anyone mention his name, but I am beginning to think that Steve Clarke might be a dark horse candidate. He was a coach here back in '98, would presumably be best chums with Wise, and has only ever been a coach, so would presumably fit the bill perfectly for the puppet master's criteria of not having a manager. He has just handed in his resignation, and most (probably rightly so) figure he is joining up with Zola. The only thing I don't understand about that is why would you leave being Chelsea's no.2 to become West Ham's no.2, particularly considering his long standing relationship with Chelsea.

Good call on Steve Clarke, going to West ham would defo be a step down.

But......

Anyone joining Newcastle now under MA is nuts or money hungry.

Anyone joining Newcastle now under MA is nuts or money hungry.

Agreed, but someone like Clarke has little to lose. He has never been in a managerial position before, so would probably jump at the chance at being offered one, and if all went up sh/t creek, I reckon he has a job at Chelsea for life.

Few others, if any, that I have seen linked to the post, have as little to lose walking into this nuthouse as Clarke does.

Please god dont let this clown have the job, if I was an NUFC fan, id actually cry.

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4189360,00.html

• Advertisement

Please god dont let this clown have the job, if I was an NUFC fan, id actually cry.

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4189360,00.html

If Venables gets it, I would be astonished if it not a short term, kinda caretaker, contract. If that is what it is, then I won't be overly peeved, as languishing manager less, is killing us.

If its gonna take a month or so to complete a takeover, then I would accept Venables to be put in charge if everyone is clear that it is only until the new owners bring the King back.

There has to be something to this stor though, as the odds don't drop like that for nothing.

Advertisement