Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham sponsors

• 12-09-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭

Will XL.com still be on the West Ham jersey even though the company has gone bust?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

probably not.

i doubt somehow this will make a huge difference to WHU, if it all goes belly up they'll probably be able to go out and negotiate a better deal with someone else, given the way the money is going...

then again, maybe the credit crunch will make it a bit more difficult...

meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

If you were a fan you wouldn't fancy having to splash out on a new jersey just because the sponsor changed.

Could just play with no sponsor till end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wonder if they got their money for the deal already. If they did, they might well leave it.
    If they didn't (and there's breach of contract) I'd imagine they'll remove it and look for another sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Do you not have to have the same jersey for 1 or 2 years? or is this an exception to the rule?

MOG7 wrote: »
    Do you not have to have the same jersey for 1 or 2 years? or is this an exception to the rule?

Yea it was 1 year for an away jersey and 2 for a new home jersey.

Don't know if that was official or just a promise not to launch a new jersey every year.
    Don't know if you can make a change to the sponsor without changing the style of jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mhqlqlmhmhkf/

This is whats being said elsewhere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Didnt this happen with Charlton a few years ago? I think they changed sponsor as a result.

West Ham might just play with no sponsor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Didn't Newcastle still play with Northern Rock on their shirts after it went belly-up?

I wouldn't feel too bad for West Ham. They've already gotten the first year payment of £2.5m and are probably free to put a new sponsor on the shirt and get more money.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Didn't Newcastle still play with Northern Rock on their shirts after it went belly-up?

I wouldn't feel too bad for West Ham. They've already gotten the first year payment of £2.5m and are probably free to put a new sponsor on the shirt and get more money.

Northern Rock didnt go belly-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

As Keansr says, Northern Rock didnt go belly up.

The link says they are idway through a 3 year deal , that 2.5m woul dhave paid for the first year. This is now the 2nd year so that payment isnt going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Devilman

There will be no sponsor on West Ham shirt or on the WBA kit

link

Something interesting in that is the loan guarantee given by WHU's owners...could we see another PL club change hands ?

As for Northern Roack and Newcastle, the bank is still trading and have no plan to cut sponorship links with the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

No new sponsor and they will be playing with kits with no sponsers. I hope there will be sponsor less jerseys available in club shop if we don't get one soon. They look 10 times better imo.

edit: We got paid for one full year already so if we get another sponsor before the end of the season we will be gaining money.

DrMorphine wrote: »

edit: We got paid for one full year already so if we get another sponsor before the end of the season we will be gaining money.

How? If anything West Ham will lose money for the time they have no sponsor.

They are unlikely to get a sponsor for the more than the XL deal as every one knows how much the Hammers were getting and with the times we are in it is unlikely any one will offer more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ibh wrote: »
    Yea it was 1 year for an away jersey and 2 for a new home jersey.

Don't know if that was official or just a promise not to launch a new jersey every year.
    Don't know if you can make a change to the sponsor without changing the style of jersey.

We did it a few years back. Eidos one year then First Advice the next. Same shirt.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    We did it a few years back. Eidos one year then First Advice the next. Same shirt.

Didn't know that. Bit of a con though really when you don't have the option to buy the shirt without a sponsor.
    Wonder if it'll happen city this year, with the way Tour Operators are going outta business, TC could be next.
    As long as Panorama don't bust till after my holiday next week i don't mind!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

This has been coming for months. The board would have planned for this and im sure there will be a new sponsor sooner rather than later. XL have been in financial difficulty before we became partners with them which is normal antics from the stupid west ham board.

ibh wrote: »
    Didn't know that. Bit of a con though really when you don't have the option to buy the shirt without a sponsor.
    Wonder if it'll happen city this year, with the way Tour Operators are going outta business, TC could be next.
    As long as Panorama don't bust till after my holiday next week i don't mind!!!

I think TC came out and said that they are in a good financial position and their customers shouldnt be worried

Advertisement