Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDi price

Options
  • 12-09-2008 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is a bit low on details, but I am looking at a Audi A4 estate 1.9 TDi SE (just 100bhp I think). Its a 2003 model with FSH, and has done nearly 120k miles. Asking is around 5k sterling.

Questions are, do you think its a fair price assuming car is in good condition. Is there any major faults with that model Audi that I should look out for, or is there a better model / make that I should look for? I intend to do HPI, RAC etc to verify the car's history and I think the VRT is around €2700.

I don't really have large family to justify an estate, but I like estates better than saloons, and 'm thinking they are probably better suited to carry a lawnmower or for usual runs to the recycling center etc. So then, next conern is, how resealable are estate's compared to similar spec saloon version? I don't do too many miles as I get train to work, so major ownership costs to me are depreciation, tax and maintenance..! My budget is ideally around 5-6k, but could spend a bit more for the right car I suppose.

thanks a million for your thoughts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

positron wrote: »
    Apologies if this is a bit low on details, but I am looking at a Audi A4 estate 1.9 TDi SE (just 100bhp I think). Its a 2003 model with FSH, and has done nearly 120k miles. Asking is around 5k sterling.

Questions are, do you think its a fair price assuming car is in good condition. Is there any major faults with that model Audi that I should look out for, or is there a better model / make that I should look for? I intend to do HPI, RAC etc to verify the car's history and I think the VRT is around €2700.

I don't really have large family to justify an estate, but I like estates better than saloons, and 'm thinking they are probably better suited to carry a lawnmower or for usual runs to the recycling center etc. So then, next conern is, how resealable are estate's compared to similar spec saloon version? I don't do too many miles as I get train to work, so major ownership costs to me are depreciation, tax and maintenance..! My budget is ideally around 5-6k, but could spend a bit more for the right car I suppose.

thanks a million for your thoughts!

price is a bit high but not too bad i bought my 01 last year, for £4700 if i was to advise you anything go for the 130bhp i know you said you dont do much milage but the 130bhp is more responsive better ecconomy and just a better car, regards

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks, much appreciate the comment. Any common issues that I should look out for cars that old / mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

tbh milage wouldnt bother me 120k on mine no bothers check for timing belt i cahnged the air flow meter on mine but dont think thats a comman problem not expensive anyway there a reliable car mine is a saloon but imagine the advant is the same selling mine now probably move up a couple of years and im stuck between another A4 or a 320d, the A4 economy is brilliant mine does aveage 52mpg which is great because it has plenty of power aswell would highly recomend the 130bhp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

The timing belt and water pump would due to be changed at 120k miles. Try and swing a deal if it has not already being replaced.

Nice car to drive

Advertisement