Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pick me a car boardsies....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Just because you admit to spamming doesn't make constantly pimping your car at every opportunity acceptable. This is at least the third time it's happened. We'd all like free advertising, but you're already getting that on adverts.ie and on your sig.

Well said.
    jimbling wrote: »
    to be fair, the only ones I've done it in are threads specifically asking about cars to buy around the right price range. Think that's relatively fair....

No it's not fair. Warning to jimbling for pimping / spamming

Biro wrote: »
    The manual would be under 10.

Not a chance. Not that it is relevant though as the OP is looking for an auto.
    VH wrote: »
    that'd be the gearbox

The old skool auto tranny doesn't help, but the main problem is the lack of power in the first place. It's only 140BHP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

unkel wrote: »
    Well said. And that's a warning to jimbling for pimping / spamming

my apologies, ill accept the warning and will refrain from doing it again. I really did think it was okay when people were asking "recommend me a car" etc.

From now on, although I don't think there'll be any further need, I'll just recommend the type of car and they can use they're own initiative to click on the link in the sig. Is that okay with the rules? Seems like the same thing to me, just a round about way.

You know... that's my first ever warning on boards.... im gutted :(

You're grand jimbling, no worries ;)

G'luck buying and selling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Autoz.ie wrote: »
    :eek: Want to advertise your car nationwide for FREE?
    Then log onto www.autoz.ie
    Irelands newest most innovative website for Buying & Selling cars.
    Advertise your car for FREE reaching all across Ireland.

We hope we have something you like on www.autoz.ie ;)

Dude do a deal with the mods on Advertising in the banners above they will take care of you fine otherwise you will get banned I suggest you remove all your Ads as you are doing yourself more harm than good by spamming the forum the way you are. Alot of Irish people consult this motor forum and only somthing like 1 or 2% actually post here which give it a huge target audience, spamming yourself will only backfire from a purely business based advertising point of view. Pay boards.ie for it god knows their serviers don'r run on free electricty! which reminds me I need to subscribe again actually.... Tomorrow I promise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

While were on the Galant's, Always fancied one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

got a drive in one of those recently, lovely car, but very thirsty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

A 6 pot diesel is not going to have the same fuel economy as your average rep mobile. Maybe mid to high 30s, so before you write-off the idea of nice sized petrol car with mid to high 20s, look how much cheaper than they're oil-burning cousins they are. You will be surprised how economical they can be, all things considered.

I have an A6 2.8 and it's the best value for money I've ever experienced in my motoring life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Volvo S60 would be my choice. I did a quick search on Carzone and the cheapest autos were '03's for €12,950. Plenty of manuals out there within budget. But I reckon a 01 or 02 should fall within the OP's budget.
    Great spec and nice turbo 5 cylinder engines.

Advertisement