Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passatt CC - Any Feedback

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Outta the whole lot - I'd take a subura legacy Boxer Diesel - why? - well -
    All Wheel Drive - no other car mentioned here has this for this price range.
    Great mpg
    Low Co2
    Looks different - not a passat,audi or the norm.
    Jap Build Quality and reliable.

One fault is the spec ain't too massive and the current model is soon to be replaced.
    Worth serious consideration tho'.....and good deals to be had on demo models at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 big mug of T

OP here again

Just to update you all

I took a test drive in the CC and was not overwhelmed.
    While the drive was nice, comfortable etc it didn't blow me away.

Also the dealer in question was very poor on trade in offer
    (and another VW dealer whom I have bought three previous cars from didn't even call me back - so much for dealers being under pressure!)

I also checked out and test drove (and ruled out):
    - 318d
    - A4 2.0D
    - Scooby legacy boxer diesel (very dated looking inside)

Net result is that I have bought a volvo s80 2.0D se lux demo model (2008 plate) collecting it on wednesday!

One other thing that niggles me with the CC (and some other cars such as some of the Mercs) is the fact that on the steering wheel of the CC there are phone controls that you need to pay for the overly expensive built in phone system to make useful. Now my thinking is that a large number of sales will not take this option and yet you still spend the next two or three years looking at these useless buttons. VW (and others) should not IMO install these buttons if they are not going to be activated.
    Anyway maybe a topic for another thread

Thank you all for your comments and input - very very much appreciated.

BMOT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well done on the S80. High spec car. Very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Father could never afford a CLS, now he can have one for cheaper.

CC is a cracking car, and i don't think too many reps will have them as they hit the 40k mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

OP here again

Just to update you all

I took a test drive in the CC and was not overwhelmed.
    While the drive was nice, comfortable etc it didn't blow me away.

Also the dealer in question was very poor on trade in offer
    (and another VW dealer whom I have bought three previous cars from didn't even call me back - so much for dealers being under pressure!)

I also checked out and test drove (and ruled out):
    - 318d
    - A4 2.0D
    - Scooby legacy boxer diesel (very dated looking inside)

Net result is that I have bought a volvo s80 2.0D se lux demo model (2008 plate) collecting it on wednesday!

One other thing that niggles me with the CC (and some other cars such as some of the Mercs) is the fact that on the steering wheel of the CC there are phone controls that you need to pay for the overly expensive built in phone system to make useful. Now my thinking is that a large number of sales will not take this option and yet you still spend the next two or three years looking at these useless buttons. VW (and others) should not IMO install these buttons if they are not going to be activated.
    Anyway maybe a topic for another thread

Thank you all for your comments and input - very very much appreciated.

BMOT :D

Fair play OP, best of luck. I hope the dealer took the bigger hit on depriciation for you:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Thanks. I knew there was something disappointing when I saw one for real for the first time. I had hopes for it which must have have been based on what I didnt realise were concept photos. Its a car whose raison d'etre is its looks and they have spoilt it by not have it look as good as your top photo and others. Its not a bad looking car - but just not distintive enough, too close to the Passat proper, C5, Mondeo.
    Despite its future rarity, hard to see it holding its value any better than a standard Passat, since the Passat hold its value just about as well as its possible for a mainstream car, so I wouldnt bet on that if I were putting my own money down for one.

Advertisement