Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dumb question

• 12-09-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Can O2 tell if I am using an iPhone.

Lets say that I had a 1st Gen iPhone which I unlocked and jailbroke and all that stuff. Then lets say I had an O2 blackberry in work and I took the sim out of the blackberry and put it into the iPhone, can O2 tell what mobile devise i'm using and charge the appropiate data rates?

I beleive the rates are different for Blackberry's and iPhones ?

any ideas ? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chinese Mafia

Essentially the answer is no they can't but you will run into issue when it comes to using Data. Blackberry and iPhone use different apns when it comes to using data and this will affect you billing adversely and end up costing you a lot more that the blackberry price plan if your not careful. Also O2mail (blackberry option) will definitly not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Once you have the Blackberry addon and use the WAP APN then you will be covered under your Blackberry addon for your internet usage.

Depending on your usage though (and assuming you're on billpay as you're talking Blackberry) then you might be better off with a 250MB plan for €7.50 to start and see how you go?

Advertisement