Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 24mb connection query

Options
  • 12-09-2008 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Hi folks just a quickish query. I did a search but couldn't find any information.

Basically i got a letter on monday from BT saying that my 24mbit line was active and that they were now progressing my talk order. They also said a package was being sent out with my modem and installation instructions. Great says i but today is now friday and still no SDS delivery.

Anyway i had already bought a netgear router for this so i hooked it up and it detects the dsl signal but won't connect. (ie green internet light comes on but the chain light doesnt if ya get me).

Anyone know what settings i need to use and if my username is just "username" or "username@btbb" or something?

Cheers for any info etc :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

Your username@btbb
    password: **********

good luck mate. :)

i moved house and left my old modem (not a BT one) connected waiting for them to turn it on.

it was 11 days after it actually started working that I got a call saying it was on and another 2 days after that when I got the letter saying it was connected.

still waiting for the wifi modem upgrade the promised me too, asked about 6 or 7 times now over the last couple of years and still no sign of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

cheers vibe, thats exactly what i was looking for!

I only ordered it a week ago last monday so i'm pleasently surprised so far with speed they moving at. They said it would take 3 weeks. Ah sure if it isn't working i still have the old 2mb business broadband from BT on another line so not end of the world :p

EDIT: Connected at 80124 down and 507 up. Bit strange that it connects so close to the 8mb/512kb limit. A lot less than the (theoretical*) 24mbit i was expecting but o well :)

*was hoping for more in the teens :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no bother mate. I had about 6 hours where I thought I was going to be getting a 24mbps upgrade, but it turns out I'm not on the main exchange where I live, just a little sub one. :(

still got the 7,6mbps and am maxing out at around 6.5 on downloads so I'm happier than I was anyway. still plenty out there on dialup. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

vibe666 wrote: »
    no bother mate. I had about 6 hours where I thought I was going to be getting a 24mbps upgrade, but it turns out I'm not on the main exchange where I live, just a little sub one. :(

still got the 7,6mbps and am maxing out at around 6.5 on downloads so I'm happier than I was anyway. still plenty out there on dialup. :)

Or sh!t mobile broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Checked again today and it's connected at 14mbit so happy days ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    I only ordered it a week ago last monday so i'm pleasantly surprised so far with speed they moving at. They said it would take 3 weeks. Ah sure if it isn't working i still have the old 2mb business broadband from BT on another line so not end of the world :p

I ordered my about 3 weeks ago they texed me that the 12th of Sept was the target.

Still waiting:(

Advertisement