Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Videogame something you need to know

• 12-09-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Hi guys purchased this today for ps3 and ran into a wee problem, it wouldnt get past the first loading screen and just crashed back to the XMB, i went back to the shop and got a replacement and the same thing happened, so i knew it wasnt the ps3 as its working fine nps, i e-mailed midway support thinking ill never hear back, but lo and behold half hour later there was a reply with a solution and it worked

The game is supposed to throw up an error when you havent enough space to install the game, but at present it doesnt it just crashes back to the xmb :eek:

So if you get the problem i had just free up some space and it will work for you nps

Shin

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Good work Shin.

On the actual game itself, rent for the weekend dont buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

Luckily for me I know a friend who works in GAME and he gets to test some of the games out before launch, and I always get to play them so I know whether to go out and buy them or not, but after playing it, its fair to say I wont be purchasing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm gonna wait a week or two for this, i can see masses of copies of this in the bargain section second hand in Gamestop, and that's when i'll consider it.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

its actually not that bad, not as good as smackdown vs raw at its height but for a blast after the pub cant see anything wrong with it :)

Shin

shinzon wrote: »
    its actually not that bad

Have you seen all 150 moves yet? :p

Seriously can you post how long story mode takes? They say 10 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

rovert wrote: »
    Have you seen all 150 moves yet? :p

Seriously can you post how long story mode takes? They say 10 hours.

will do gonna have a serious go of it tonight see whats what :)

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I love how the game seems to embody everything that TNA is. I was reading a review of the game and you could almost pretend that it was about the tv show and it would still make sense (guys not selling, fast action, no apparent rules, repetitive commentary, etc)

Any good guys ? I heard there was alot that didnt make it into the game . Submissions ect .. But what i actually liked was the fact it was the developers were the ones who admitted this first.
    Really they are looking to have a new game every year. Bring on legends of wrestlemania and UFC.

THIS GAME IS TOO HARD.

I went out to get it there but it was only on PS3 :( Ahh i can wait , still playing no mercy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

THIS GAME IS TOO HARD.

Kicking out of pins is unpossible unless there is something i'm missing, snuck a few quick wins online from people who cant work it either haha

Can you play tag team matches online on xbox 360??

No its only single player online :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

No its only single player online :(

Is there ANY online compatibility?

Is there ANY online compatibility?

:confused:

He just said Single Player Online. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

:confused:

He just said Single Player Online. :pac:

Well he said for tag teams so :p

I found this in Zavvi in Cork yesterday for the 360 for 50 euro, so i picked it up. It's a little easy though once you get used to the controls, but it's a lot more fun to play than SVR 08 was. After playing it for about 2 hours, i'm about 35% through the story mode, which i probably won't play again once i've unlocked it.

Playing online with it is a lot of fun. Alright, so there's no blood and it feels arcadey, but i remember when Royal Rumble came out in the arcades around 98, 99, and that had it's praises sung.

There is a lot of room for improvement, but if a sequel spawns, it has the makings of a pretty damn good game.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I found this in Zavvi in Cork yesterday for the 360 for 50 euro, so i picked it up. It's a little easy though once you get used to the controls, but it's a lot more fun to play than SVR 08 was. After playing it for about 2 hours, i'm about 35% through the story mode, which i probably won't play again once i've unlocked it.

Playing online with it is a lot of fun. Alright, so there's no blood and it feels arcadey, but i remember when Royal Rumble came out in the arcades around 98, 99, and that had it's praises sung.

There is a lot of room for improvement, but if a sequel spawns, it has the makings of a pretty damn good game.

VR!
    Shock horror! VR with something positive to say about a TNA product no less!!

Shock horror, ooak32 doesn't read my past posts. I've been pro TNA since the beginning of last year, i'm the last person who bitches (unless it's justified) about TNA... no less!!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Im not 100% sure but I think oneofakind was being sarcastic VR! lol

• Advertisement

Sarcasm never works over the internet without a smiley :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Sorry VR! Wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I had you down as a TNA hater for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Unlockable Spoiler:
    Don West is a playable character:eek:

On the game itself, its a fun, fast paced game that has a quite good story mode. I like it and there is a lot of potential in the series.

Sorry VR! Wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I had you down as a TNA hater for some reason

Nope, had it been 2005 you'd have been well justified with your claim, but i've since gotten into it and collected all the PPVs to date and watched em. In fact, iMPACT! is the only wrestling TV that gets recorded now as i've lost all interested in WWE.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

In fact, iMPACT! is the only wrestling TV that gets recorded now as i've lost all interested in WWE.

Fanboy! :p

Minto wrote: »
    Fanboy! :p

Reported for personal abuse.....

;)
    Just kidding man, Not so much a fanboy, it's just that TNA and UFC doesn't put me to sleep these days, WWE does. And i no longer need a cure for insomnia. ;)

VR!

Nope, had it been 2005 you'd have been well justified with your claim, but i've since gotten into it and collected all the PPVs to date and watched em. In fact, iMPACT! is the only wrestling TV that gets recorded now as i've lost all interested in WWE.

VR!

:rolleyes:

Everytime i take this guy off ignore, he gives me reason to put him right back on again.
    VR!

Everytime i take this guy off ignore, he gives me reason to put him right back on again.
    VR!

It is just you gave the typical answer every TNA fan gives for liking TNA.

Also notice you post a lot more about WWE than TNA, thou doth protest too much.

• Advertisement

Also notice you post a lot more about WWE than TNA,

That may be because, in general, there are a lot more WWE threads around here than TNA.

That may be because, in general, there are a lot more WWE threads around here than TNA.

Yeah as VR never talks about TNA, didnt he bump a thread recently about one of their PPVs a month after it happened as he just watched it?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

had found the game to be quite disapointing to be honest but after giving a chance and coming to grips with it its not so bad after all.

having awful difficulty beating styles and tomko in story mode,no matter how many times i hit them with suicides finisher or eric youngs.

anyone any idea about the x division match,how many times must u get it in the green zone,i guess 3?

mrstpatsfc wrote: »
    anyone any idea about the x division match,how many times must u get it in the green zone,i guess 3?

Around 5, maybe 6.

thanks.do be long enough matches.

dont really like the submission system on this game,probably the only bad thing i would say about it at this stage.

hopefully the downloadable charachters will be free,i hear curry man and poetey williams are out first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Reported for personal abuse.....

;)
    Just kidding man, Not so much a fanboy, it's just that TNA and UFC doesn't put me to sleep these days, WWE does. And i no longer need a cure for insomnia. ;)

VR!

I know, I just do it to wind ya up! :p

• Advertisement

probably a stupid question machismo fan,but for ultimate x match,is it 5 or 6 times during the course of the match itself,not in a row?

cheers

During the match, if you fall, you're progress is not lost.

good stuff,cheers

It is just you gave the typical answer every TNA fan gives for liking TNA.

Yeah, funny that really isn't it? Heaven forbid more than one person have the same opinion and watch a particular program for similar reasons. That is known in the real world as "common ground", like you and your fellow WWE "fanboys".
    Also notice you post a lot more about WWE than TNA, thou doth protest too much.

Probably because it's damn near impossible to post in the one TNA thread that takes place per month, because it turns into a train wreck.

VR!

Yeah as VR never talks about TNA, didnt he bump a thread recently about one of their PPVs a month after it happened as he just watched it?

Three weeks, I didn't get a chance to watch it beforehand. The PPV repeated the weekend I came back from holidays and between work, and stuff at home, things got a bit chaotic. UFC also took place a couple of weeks after it, and that takes priority over all things wrestling in my eyes.

I'm at the point with wrestling where it's now "something to watch if i've nothing better to do" as opposed to it being "something I can't afford to miss", strictly my own opinion of it, that's just me.

Which is why i had a big problem with with your rolleyes response, rovert. Because heaven forbid anyone can have an opinion if it happens to conflict with yours, Dave Meltzer's and Bryan Alvarez.

Individuality, it's great for everything (except maybe in police lineups).
    VR!

• Advertisement

Yeah, funny that really isn't it? Heaven forbid more than one person have the same opinion and watch a particular program for similar reasons. That is known in the real world as "common ground", like you and your fellow WWE "fanboys".!

US VS THEM GRRR!
    Probably because it's damn near impossible to post in the one TNA thread that takes place per month, because it turns into a train wreck.

Come again?
    Which is why i had a big problem with with your rolleyes response, rovert. Because heaven forbid anyone can have an opinion if it happens to conflict with yours, Dave Meltzer's and Bryan Alvarez.

If you knew the actual opinions of each of us you wouldnt make such comments. Just an illinformed statement on your part barely worth replying to.

If you knew the actual opinions of each of us you wouldnt make such comments. Just an illinformed statement on your part barely worth replying to.

It's not hard to go through everyones previous posts, especially those anti TNA (usually ones who only tuned in for about 3 weeks then gave up). Nothing ill informed, the posts are all there to read if one could be bothered.

And don't bother asking for links rovert, you're here long enough to have either read them (or in some cases) posted them. :)

VR!

It's not hard to go through everyones previous posts, especially those anti TNA (usually ones who only tuned in for about 3 weeks then gave up). Nothing ill informed, the posts are all there to read if one could be bothered.

And don't bother asking for links rovert, you're here long enough to have either read them (or in some cases) posted them. :)

VR!

VR you are just trolling here. Regardless of your blathering you havent backed up your statement.

VR you are just trolling here.

I'm not sure you even know the meaning of the word trolling, rovert. But let me assure you, just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean that they're trolling.

But ignorance is bliss on your part I guess.

VR!

I'm not sure you even know the meaning of the word trolling, rovert. But let me assure you, just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean that they're trolling.

You are not simply disagreeing with me, you are intentionally picking a fight with me on very little grounds and making statements about me with no or little basis.

You are not simply disagreeing with me, you are intentionally picking a fight with me on very little grounds and making statements about me with no or little basis.

No, i was simply disagreeing with you, if i was intentionally picking a fight with you rovert, you'd know about it. You seem a little insecure though, the minute someone disagrees with you, you automatically get it into your head that they're picking a fight with you. You report people left right and centre for "trying to start something" because they disagree with you.

I'm at the stage where i don't give a crap if i get banned or not. You managed to argue and p*ss off nearly every moderator the entire boards.ie on your last feedback thread, and yet you insisted you were right when you were clearly not.

For 50 euro a year, it must give you the right to crap on people on this forum because you're obviously protected by your subscription status. Personally i think it's absolutely laughable as you've driven away a good percentage of our regular posters since you came here. Yet the admins still back you up. Their god given right i guess.

NOW i'm picking a fight, that's my opinion, and those are the facts rovert.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Keep this on topic or you will be banned

Fozzy wrote: »
    Keep this on topic or you will be banned

Sorry dude, but i bit my tongue for long enough on that. That's my last word on it.

On a note of back on topic, i'm 50% through story mode.
    VR!

What do you think of Story Mode, VR?

What do you think of Story Mode, VR?

It's better than the crap that was written for SVR 08 (battling for a movie deal?! Who wrote that sh*t?), the idea of forming a tag, touring japan, finding out who it was who roughed you at the start halfway through.

I'm liking the fact that you need to do story mode to unlock the wrestlers as you go. Gives you an actual reason to play it.

The CAW needs a lot more work, it's very basic and very limited, but the potential is definitely there for the sequel.

VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement