Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Videogame something you need to know

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

story mode is good,still struggling to beat styles and tomko!hopefully beat them today ha

caw was always going to be limited as its their first outing with the game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It's better than the crap that was written for SVR 08 (battling for a movie deal?! Who wrote that sh*t?), the idea of forming a tag, touring japan, finding out who it was who roughed you at the start halfway through.

Love the way you glossed over the initial premise of the storyline.

Not a big fan of story lines myself. I only play them so i can unlock the extra wrestlers. Which is unfortunate because TNA doesnt really have much else going for it besides the graphics. I have to give it a bit more play time though . What i will say is, it shows promise.

Not a big fan of story lines myself. I only play them so i can unlock the extra wrestler. Which is unfortunate because TNA doesnt really have much else going for it besides the graphics. I have to give it a bit more play time though . What i will say is, it shows promise.

Pardon, there is a number of wrestlers and moves to unlock?

rovert wrote: »
    Pardon, there is a number of wrestlers and moves to unlock?

My mistake forgot to put the s on the end of wrestlers . Anyway there are wrestlers to unlock but going by todays standards for wrestling games . The roster is quite limited moves are limited create a wrestler is limited and ingame options are limited.
    But as i say , i will play it a bit more tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The TNA game is fairly good but I view it sort of like the first Smackdown on the PS1, its a starting point that can be built on and if the developers listen to actual fans through things like that doomed Q&A, things will progress year by year, Character models are probably one of the toughest things to do and with them now in the vault they can spend time on movesets and other bits and pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Just finished the storyline mode and got playing around a bit.
    For 360 owners btw, here are the secret Achievements

Secret achievement #1:
    ULTIMATE X HISTORY LESSON: Unlocked when you win Ultimate X twice as AJ Styles

Secret achievement #2:
    CAGE WAS ROBBED: Defeat Christian Cage using Samoa Joe

Secret achievement #3:
    THE FALLEN ANGEL: Defeat Samoa Joe and AJ Styles with Chris Daniels in an Ultimate X match

Secret Achievement #4:
    DUCKIN AND DODGIN': If you quit the game in story mode and rematch a few times, you get this.

Secret Achievement #5:
    END OF THE STREAK: Beat Samoa Joe with Kurt Angle

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

now im probably not in the perfect position on this one becuase ive played it on the ps2 buuuuuuuuuuuutt

the game is pretty poor....yes a good starting base, but they had over 2 years to develop this....the most annoying thing is, every wrestler has like 5 moves each....way to repetitive! i wished for somethin good lookin at the trailors

Regardless of Midway's current financial position it is unlikely that there will be a sequel as first week sales of the game were very poor by industry standards for a hopeful franchise's first game according to this weeks Wrestling Observer.

So all those motion captured moves will never see the light of day.:eek:

• Advertisement

I played it once myself . Its just sitting at home , need to give it another go.
    Fount it a bit to fast pace brain dead button bashing .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I played SvR 08 the other day and only then did I realise how slow and unresponsive it actually is in contrast to TNA.

To be honest there is nothing wrong with how slow or how fast the game is. There are many aspect's to look at in wrestling game's. The main thing is pace. So how the game pace's itself in relation to the player. SVR has always been all over the place. TNA is pretty much Mindless. But there is always next year .

But there is always next year .

Youve read my last my post right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

In case he hasn't...

The sales of TNA's game have been pretty bad and below what would be expected for a potential series of games. So there's unlikely to be a second game

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

I played it today in Game Stop. I was Samoa Joe and fought Shark Boy and lost in less than a minute. I couldn't kick out of a pin attempt. It's not perfect but it's nice to have something different to the stale SD V Raw series. It would be a pity if it doesn't get a second game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Fozzy wrote: »
    In case he hasn't...

The sales of TNA's game have been pretty bad and below what would be expected for a potential series of games. So there's unlikely to be a second game

Interesting to note (Although might not be accurate).

Wikipedia has on the games page:
    After periods of negotiation with Electronic Arts[5] and Rockstar Games,[6] TNA signed a multi-year agreement with Midway Games on November 7, 2005.[7] Midway announced their intentions to release Impact!, the first game in TNA's history, for each of the seventh generation consoles on March 2, 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah but that will mean nothing if the game dosn't sell tbh.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Yeah but that will mean nothing if the game dosn't sell tbh.

Very true.

I hope this is just a learning curve for midway/TNA, the game has so much going for itself in particular areas, graphics, fast paced etc etc.

Imagine if Rockstar had've made this game, or even EA.

EA might have botched it, but one thing i like about them is they always try and get true to the sport they are representing.

I remember buying skate. and after years of kicking ass and taking names on the tony hawk series (I will devour anyone who challenges me on Live: CMpunked if you wanna :pac:).
    I realised how good it was in that department.

Sorry for going a bit off topic there..

But i guess things would be a lot different if it hadnt have been midway who got to make the game.

But i guess things would be a lot different if it hadnt have been midway who got to make the game.

Sales wise especially in the first week unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sales wise especially in the first week unlikely.

Yeah the point was made in the Observer that TNA's fans tend to be hardcore fans who buy TNA merchandise early, as their DVDs usually have good sales for the first week and then drop off dramatically after that

Logic would say that it's the same people buying the DVDs who'd buy the video game, so sales being low for the first week makes the second week look like it's going to be much worse

Perhaps sales could pick up around Christmas, but by then they'll be competing with WWE's new game, so it doesn't look good

• Advertisement

i was reluctant to give my opinions on this game until i had a fair idea what it was like and after a few times heading into gamestop after work (convenient as it is right beside where i work :D), i feel as though ive gotten to know if i like it or not.

So in short:

Good points.

1. Very fast paced action, and not in a cruiserweight "Lets just do loads of top rope moves" kinda way, more like straight forward grab opponent-move-done.
    2. Very good character detail. Perhaps a little to be desired in the way of facial expressions.
    3. Nice contact moves such as kicks, punches etc etc. Even those top rope moves, after the opponent moves, the attack will still connect in a different way, unlike wwe games where the wrestler just falls over generically.

Bad points.

1. Boringly small amount of matches. With TNA being known to have so many gimmick matches, it does not show in this game. (weither or not this is a bad thing for TNA, when it comes to the game, its a bad thing.)
    2. Annoying controls. It took me countless attempts to try and figure out how to do some moves, and i mean even those important things, like ANYTHING to do with the x division cables, finishers, tags and the like.
    3. Online play/limited gameplay time. Quite simply, online for this game sucks. and after say 7 or 8 matches online, it doesnt matter if you won or lost each one of them, it just doesnt make you want to do it again.

In conclusion:

Being a good wrestling game for just that, wrestling.
    It gets points for innovation and creativety, but to buy this would be in my mind a waste of 60 quid.

But if i see one preowned or on sale in HMV for less then 30 euro then i think i will.

1. Boringly small amount of matches. With TNA being known to have so many gimmick matches, it does not show in this game. (weither or not this is a bad thing for TNA, when it comes to the game, its a bad thing.)

People are always complaining about too many gimmick matches in TNA so when they stop people still give out.;)

Fozzy wrote: »
    Yeah the point was made in the Observer that TNA's fans tend to be hardcore fans who buy TNA merchandise early, as their DVDs usually have good sales for the first week and then drop off dramatically after that

Logic would say that it's the same people buying the DVDs who'd buy the video game, so sales being low for the first week makes the second week look like it's going to be much worse

Perhaps sales could pick up around Christmas, but by then they'll be competing with WWE's new game, so it doesn't look good

The ECW games had the same thing in that the hardcore fans bought it the first day and that was it.

The Observer also made the point that the TNA that product confusion may generate sales in the run up to Christmas when the new WWE comes/sells out.

People are always complaining about too many gimmick matches in TNA so when they stop people still give out.;)

I wasnt saying it in relation to TNA itself, i just meant the game.

At least some of the gimmick matches could have been in it. The six sides of steel for example would have been obvious.
    But i guess with midways developers, it must've been too much for them.

Use of smiley indicates joke.

But yeah, KOTM and Six Sides of Steel should have been included.

Use of smiley indicates joke.

Sorry, my bad.

I dont think there will be a IMPACT 2:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2333168,00.asp

I dont think there will be a IMPACT 2:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2333168,00.asp

Shame, as it actually wasn't as bad as it was made out to be, in my own honest opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

If Midway does go under then will it be possible for other companies to pick up the franchise?

I absolutley love the game as the gameplay is excellent, just a pity it's lacking some vital elements.

According to Wikipedia, TNA were in negotiations with EA and Rockstar before signing with Midway so there may be interest in picking up the licence if Midway go bust.

• Advertisement

According to Wikipedia, TNA were in negotiations with EA and Rockstar before signing with Midway so there may be interest in picking up the licence if Midway go bust.

It was a flop for a first game in what was meant to be a series.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Shame, as it actually wasn't as bad as it was made out to be, in my own honest opinion.
    It had the makings of a good game, but with a lacklustre CAW mode (or in some cases, none at all), bugger all moves and countless glitches, it's something that just isn't worth paying full price for.

SASR wrote: »
    It had the makings of a good game, but with a lacklustre CAW mode (or in some cases, none at all), bugger all moves and countless glitches, it's something that just isn't worth paying full price for.

Even with all those, i got enjoyment out of the entire weekend of playing it. Something i haven't done with THQ's offerings since 2003!

TNA Presents, Grand Theft Impact!
    I can see it now. Samoa Joe nicks Kevin Nash's car = INSTAFEUD!
    Best two out of three falls in a six sides of limosine match!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Even with all those, i got enjoyment out of the entire weekend of playing it. Something i haven't done with THQ's offerings since 2003!
    Same here, I did enjoy it for a couple of days, but after completing Story Mode there was nothing left, the lack of moves and modes means there's no replay value. Haven't played it since, definitely recommended for rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Vince is that you?

SASR wrote: »
    Same here, I did enjoy it for a couple of days, but after completing Story Mode there was nothing left, the lack of moves and modes means there's no replay value. Haven't played it since, definitely recommended for rental.

I can't disagree there, but i always felt that it was something they could work on for the second one.

Sadly, it doesn't look like that's going to happen now.
    Besides, it was a nice set of easy achievements for my 360

If EA and Rockstar were in the running for the first game, i doubt they would be as interested as they were looking back on how well it was received.

But if rockstar were to give it a go, it would have to be better than the table tennis game they brought out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

ive played it for 2 days and just find it an ugly ugly game to play, little things like not even seeing the full entrance bug me.

only cost me 15 in zavvi and gamestop said i get 10 euro trade in for it!! Pro Evo here i come!!

• Advertisement

Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    Another bad TNA videogame sign, this time from the U.K. Online retailer Sendit.com has dropped the price of 45 pounds to 15 pounds for the PS3 version, which indicates really bad sales.

Mike Tenay: TO THE BARGIN BIN~!

I managed to get 37 off mine on a trade in . Terrible game though.

I managed to get 37 off mine on a trade in . Terrible game though.

Dam! Thats good.

If you trade in SDvRaw09 you only get €35!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

depends on where, Game are a rip off for their trade inx, xtravision or gamestop have much better prices, my flatmate was trading in Dead Space on the ps3 and was offered 27 quid in Game, went to Gamestop and got 43, crazy

krudler wrote: »
    depends on where, Game are a rip off for their trade inx, xtravision or gamestop have much better prices, my flatmate was trading in Dead Space on the ps3 and was offered 27 quid in Game, went to Gamestop and got 43, crazy

My friend of mine says it all depends on how many games are in circulation on the system.

He said if you try and either buy or trade in halo 3 (i cant remember exactly).

It'll be 3 quid.

Mainly because that when it first came out it was completable in like 2 days and people werent bothered about it online that much.
    So the have thousands upon thousands and there is nothing that can be done with them.

Sorry to give this thread major bumpage but this game has been nominated for an award...in marketing.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1374/84/
    TNA WRESTLING EARNS FINALIST HONORS AT THE MI6 AWARDS

In February, TNA Wrestling submitted entries for the 4th Annual MI6 Awards. MI6 is the interactive entertainment marketers association, formed by Promax BDA. The MI6 Awards recognize excellence in the marketing in the gaming space. TNA was up against major names such as Electronic Arts, Xbox, Activision, 2K Sports, and Ubisoft, to name a few. TNA claimed two of the five finalist spots in their category, one for the arrival/crossover of Suicide as well as the incorporation of "iMPACT!" game footage into superstar entrance videos! TNA is excited to be honored by MI6, competing against top gaming companies in one of the most competitive industries in entertainment today. The awards show takes place on April 8th in San Francisco. More information on MI6 can be found at their website: www.mi6conference.com

It's for the thinking outside the box award.

• Advertisement

Wow this is a zombie thread to say the least.
    Odd award for it to receive, too bad it didn't save Midway. But it may generate some publicity for TNA, and I can't see a problem with that. :)

I thought the idea of changing the entrance videos and opening video to game footage was brilliant. Once Roode beat EY (I think) with the Payoff and they showed the replay in game footage.

Advertisement