Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best placeto get a 360?

• 12-09-2008 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a 360, second hand, and wondering where the best place is to get one. I think I might rather it not com with any games as the games i've seen GAME offering with it are terrible. I'm wondering about warranties, etc., thetend to go very cheap in Cash Connectors but I'm unsure that'd be a good idea as 360s can be a little dodgy.

I'm wondering if its worth my while or should I stick with my laptop(w/9500M GS) which is only a little less powerful. I don't want my laptop to feel like a wasted purchase, but there are a lot of great games on 360 for cheap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Wouldn't advise getting a 2nd hand xbox.Alot of guys trade em in just before they know they are going to pop and as well the older ones are fairly unreliable.Think the arcade 360 is only 200 squid which I think is fairly good.My original 360 finally died the other day after 3 years so gonna just get an arcade which are reliable enough from what I hear and throw on the old hard drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

A friend of mine says that you get a lengthy warranty buying second hand and you're better off in some ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

A friend of mine says that you get a lengthy warranty buying second hand and you're better off in some ways.

You don't get any longer warranty than buying new, there is a 1 yr warranty on them from date of first purchase, and 3 yr warranty for Three Red Rings of Death, but a second hand launch 360 would have only 2 months red ring warranty left.
    Some shops might give an extra warranty on top of this, but for second hand is rarely more than 30 days afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Some tescos around the country are selling the old 20Gb 360's for E150 and many games for E6

Link To BA thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055374028

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

do not buy a 2nd hand xbox 360 sold my old one whit the 3rrod

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For what it's worth, if you have a Wii then Gamestop are to do a deal where a new 360 Arcade will cost you around €60 when you trade it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?find=lastposter&t=2055377085
    Or you could ask this guy on the same thread:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

xbox36016 wrote: »
    do not buy a 2nd hand xbox 360 sold my old one whit the 3rrod

Who bought it? Did they not check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Apparantly Xtra vision are selling the arcade version for 180 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

nhughes100 wrote: »
    Apparantly Xtra vision are selling the arcade version for 180 euro.

Its that price everywhere.That xtra vision ad is misleading

• Advertisement

thonk Smiths are doing the best deal at the mo'(around Waterford anyway), for the arcade, its 179 and a free game compared to xtravsion where its the same price and no game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Meatwad wrote: »
    thonk Smiths are doing the best deal at the mo'(around Waterford anyway), for the arcade, its 179 and a free game compared to xtravsion where its the same price and no game.
    Smiths Toys Jervis is selling arcade for €179 with 2 games (Halo 3,Gears of war,Forza 2 or PJR4)

I picked up a 60GB one for €279 with 4 above games and extra wireless controller. It's the best deals around.

Also you get 2x€5 vouchers,T&C apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Hi guys I'm new to Xbox.

I hooked up everything last night, nice quality but my god this thing is so noisy!

Is this normal?

Edit: The noise I hear is not from the fans of the system, but the actual DVD-ROM drive -- like hairdryier set on low/medium!

yeah man they're noisy mothers alright.You get used to it though.try to keep it in a well ventilated place as well to avoid the filters and stuff getting blocked up.Welcome to the world of the 360.I personally think its the best next gen console and almost anyone I know who has one, loves it...and I mean really love it.Mine died the other week and can't express how much I miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lardossan

are the new arcades ones since the price drop any quieter or less prone to rrod? I'm contemplating getting one but between the noise and the reliability it seems it's still all a bit of a gamble for the money. My 3 years old slim ps2 soldiers on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The 360 you speak of is the "jasper" 360.It has only just gone into production and, afaik, they are only just arriving into the country around now.If you buy one now, the chances are, it'll be a "falcon" 360.They went into production about a year ago.They are nowhere near as bad as the early 360's.Failure rate on the "falcon" model is said to be around 10%.I've had a falcon 360 since last december, and hasnt put a foot wrong despite heavy use.I'm not sure the jasper 360s are meant to be any quieter than the falcons but i'm not too sure about that.Wait a few weeks and make sure you get a jasper, if you want, but you probably wont tell the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lardossan

cheers zonda. yea, heard of the jasper motherboard revision, trying to work out if it's worth waiting until they start cropping up probably around crimbo or if i might as well get an arcade now...i'm in no hurry as i have still a good few ps2 games to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I'm thinking of selling my 360 aracde model with HDMI, 20gig HDD, 2 wireless controllers and 70-80 games, for 800 euro. But in two minds about it.

Holy creamoolie 70-80 games.Would love to see the look on the staff in Gamestop if ya showed up there looking for a trade in on all the games.|Reckon though you'd get well over 800 store credit though if ya did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Lets just say Gamestop wouldn't take my games on a trade in!?! ;) if you know what I mean.

• Advertisement

Ahh I see lol.Benn thinking of doing something similar myself lately thinking of getting an extra arcade.Maybe Santa might be good to me this x mas.

Advertisement