Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifts not working--anything I can do at all??

Options
  • 06-11-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Folks,
    I am really at my wits end and my posting this query here hoping that I will get some suggestions here.

We(myself and my wife) are renting a 4-th floor apartment in city centre. We signed the lease and moved in 3 months back. When we viewed the flat we noticed that the lifts were not working. Since it is a common thing for lifts to be out of order but usually fixed in a day or two I did not think much of it. 3 months' later the lifts are still out of order. When I checked with the property management company they said that it is going to cost them about 30k euro to fix the lifts and they don't have the money for it. Apparently they are chasing the landlords to get this money. I contacted my landlord(who has been very co-operative till date) and he said that he has been talking to the property management company but there's nothing much he can do. When I last phoned the property management company they said that they are "working on it" and that if I had so much of an issue I should move out. It wouldn't have been much of an issue in usual circumstances but my wife is pregnant and it is causing her exhaustion climbing up and down the stairs. In any case 3 months is just ridiculous amount of time to get the lifts fixed!!

Is there anything at all I can do here as a tenant. Initial contact with threshold.ie indicates that as a tenant my rights are very limited here.
    Both of us really like the flat and we don't really want to move again at this stage. Moreover there might be issues if we break the lease at this point.

yet another example of property management companies taking tenants for a ride.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement