Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Zone?

• 12-09-2008 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Just wondering what are your favourite / least favourite zones for leveling / questing?

Favourite: was UnGoro but I spent a little while in Netherstorm last night and I think it might be the coolest! (Haven't been to Shadowmoon yet).

Hated: Thousland Needles (although Shimmering Flats is ok).

Meh: STV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, I really liked Un'goro too. Just made my first Draenai toon and it was a strain to eventually leave Azuremyst Island. The Draenai starting area is by far the best in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I loved Winterspring, by the time I got there though it was nearly time to head to Outland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Azshara - massive zone that was never finished. Great sights and lots of nice features such as the possible future entrance to Mount Hyjal, the blue dragon Azuregos and his spirit, home of the Hydraxian Waterlords and the Bay of Storms. It also the location of the battleground that was never implemented in Forlorn Ridge, Azshara Crater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

nagrand and winterspring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

DarthWraak wrote: »
    Azshara - massive zone that was never finished. Great sights and lots of nice features such as the possible future entrance to Mount Hyjal, the blue dragon Azuregos and his spirit, home of the Hydraxian Waterlords and the Bay of Storms. It also the location of the battleground that was never implemented in Forlorn Ridge, Azshara Crater.

That place drove me insane for my hunter quest !! Such a huge area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Nagrand

hated zangarmarsh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

HP and Zangar always seemed really easy to progress through, whereas, nagrand and those beast mastery quests were unbelievably tedious !

I tend to do quite a few instances while I'm levelling so by the time i get to netherstorm (i would complete all possible quests in any zone before progressing to the next) I'm usually very close to 69 and normally ding 70 half way throught...

Although I always enjoyed STV :shock:, quite liked Shadowmoon Valley as well actually !

Hated : Tanaris, E/W PL, Ashenvale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

I think my favourite was Ungoro crater too. I just found the quests easy and fast to do there while remaining fun. Most boring place is proabably Tristfal Glades and that area for Undead from levels 6-15. Lately though I kinda find leveling to be really boring until I get to Outlands, seems extremely hard to find groups for any instance pre-Outlands the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Favourite place will always be Dun Morogh, best starting area in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

fav: negrand, barrens just for the random chat

hated: hellfire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Darkshore, nice mix of quest/mobs there.

Hated all outland zones really. found them overly large, barren, sparse, tedious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Loved: Ghostlands, Ashenvale, Winterspring, Tanaris, Duskwood, Nagrand, Azshara, Azuremyst.

Hated: plaguelands, barrens, shadowmoon valley, zangarmarsh, terokker forest, blades edge mountains, badlands, ungoru crater

With the exception of Nagrand which is amazing, im not really a fan of the burning crusade outland zones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm assuming this is whether or not i loved/hated the zones after my first play through, as i hate most zones at this stage...

Loved: Westfall, Darkshore, Winterspring, Hinterlands, and Southshore (for the world pvp)
    Hated: STV (gank city back in the day), Searing Gorge, Ashenvale (far too big), Badlands, and Nagrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

Elwynn Forest
    Aaah... reminds me of my walks to walk through Dodder Park

Advertisement