Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Nat issue

Options
  • 12-09-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi guys,

after reading through all of the NAT type problems for at least two hours and not found a solution to my problem, only then did i decide to create a thread.

PROBLEM:

ISP : UTV
    NAT : Type 2, I know people say it's fine but fact is it's not. Need to get to type 1 for clan in COD4, Otherwise it's an absolute pain in the asre..
    Router: BTVoyager2110

Checked out the portforward.com website and it told me that the router didn't have enough ports for PSN. Instead to set it up as a DMZ or to "bridge" the router. i set up a fixed ip for my ps3 as 192.168.1.150, and in turn set this address as the DMZ.

Still NAT Type 2... mad.gif

I read somewhere that the UTV router is a doing two things at once or something but got lost in talk to complicated for my knowledge. too many abbreviations! confused.gif

I seen the video on Youtube about using PPPOE, after ringing technical support i realised that either he didn't know what it was, or I don't have one like eircom customers have.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would make sweet, passionate love to them all night long... or just say thanks and be very greatfull! ur choice!

Advertisement