Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the g hotel pub

Options
  • 12-09-2008 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I was wondering is the g hotel pub open for everyone or it's just reserved for hotel guests only?

And if it's open, what are beer prices there? Anyone knows that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

WooPeeA wrote: »
    I was wondering is the g hotel pub open for everyone or it's just reserved for hotel guests only?

And if it's open, what are beer prices there? Anyone knows that?

I believe it's open to all.

Not really sure of the prices, but I don't think they are astronomical.
    Probably not as competitive as pubs, but I don't think it €10/pint (as I was once informed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

I live in the area and looking for some nice and quiet place to come and relax, use internet or newspaper without screaming people behind me at evening. Thought the g might be a good choice.

I know that coffee starts from €6 up (at least 2 years ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Was in there for cocktails once and it didn't seem especially bad for prices, pretty much on a par with Tosh...
    If they let me in, they'll let anybody in:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭cheekay

went there for celebratory drinks a few months back and it was lovely. Though some of the beers were 8 euro your order was taken at the table and there was complimentary bar snacks aswell. It has a relaxing atmosphere and the staff seem very friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

cheekay wrote: »
    went there for celebratory drinks a few months back and it was lovely. Though some of the beers were 8 euro your order was taken at the table and there was complimentary bar snacks aswell. It has a relaxing atmosphere and the staff seem very friendly

8 euro for ONE beer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I just came from there right now, 5.50 for a bottle of bud/miller/etc, most of the beers were that price, some up to about 8 euro. They also have some lovely flavoured waters and stuff for 4.50, don't think coffee is 6 euro.

It was lovely in there, been there quite often during the day but not in the evening, it was nice and quiet and chilled, good music, staff don't hassle you but service is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

cheekay wrote: »

Just like almost every bar in the USA then. Hardly justification for the inflated prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

MaxFlower wrote: »
    Just like almost every bar in the USA then. Hardly justification for the inflated prices.

Uh, really depends on the location/type of bar in the states. Most city bars will not have a cocktail waitress or free snacks. And friendliness of service depends on your tip.

I think their justification for inflated prices is that they're one of the most upscale hotels in Galway. Being cheap might ruin their reputation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Spadina wrote: »
    I just came from there right now, 5.50 for a bottle of bud/miller/etc, most of the beers were that price, some up to about 8 euro. They also have some lovely flavoured waters and stuff for 4.50, don't think coffee is 6 euro.

It was lovely in there, been there quite often during the day but not in the evening, it was nice and quiet and chilled, good music, staff don't hassle you but service is good.
    That's so lovely! I think I'm gonna go and test it in a couple of days.. Thank you Spadina.

5,50 is really not much.. I was honestly expecting 10 euros or something like that.. At least worth of the design and atmosphere out there.

Advertisement