Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city Centre parking for €1.50 per hour

Options
  • 12-09-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Dublin city Centre parking for €1.50 per hour or €10 per day
    Open 7am to 8 pm
    Located in Apollo House at junction of Tara Street and Poolbeg Street.

See attached map

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

On street parking is now going to be €2.90 per hour and most car parks are in or around that so €1.50 is cheap IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I take it this isn't an NCP car park? Who runs it? Do you have to knock three times and say 'Joe sent me'! :D

I take it this isn't an NCP car park? Who runs it? Do you have to knock three times and say 'Joe sent me'! :D

Theres always one:rolleyes:

There you go;)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

cheers for the heads up. how would you drive there from o'connell bridge? or from north side of o'connell bridge? not sure about one way streets etc..

• Advertisement

Accross Matt Talbot Bridge, Turn Right, turn left after about 300 metres, turn immediate right. Car park accross from lights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

that is nice
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Thanks for that, its a great price.. Cheers for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

thats the carpark that was used by the revenue employees.its across the road from mulligans pub.thats a good price for the city centre .2 minute walk from o'connell bridge.

• Advertisement

shepthedog wrote: »
    Thanks for that, its a great price.. Cheers for posting.

No Bother, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

does any1 know if this place is still open for 10 euro per day ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Bet you a squillion euro it's chockers every day if it's still there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Theres always one:rolleyes:

There used to be a "car park" off Marlborough street a few years ago - I pulled in there once on a Saturday. I was told to leave the car "there" having gone about my business and come back about an hour later and paid the man and driven away I realised that I'd been paying to park on the street !!! Mrs Joshos and myself were in the Point (now the O2 to all you young enough or suffering from brain damage from Xmas drink !!!) one night and ended up paying to park in a disused builders yard at the back of the Point as the Point car park was closed - I'd say the blokes looking after it had bust the lock on gate - certainly was a good night in the pub for them at a fiver a car ( only equipment needed - 3 high viz jackets and a money bag!!!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Nice find, forgotten that place was so cheap! Good location too, central to where I'd want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Ahhh lock hard lock hard ... as he waves the Metro .....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If you have to park in town for the day the Jervis Centre car park is €12 per day, but you can pre buy "5 visits" for €40 (for the slow of maths, that works out at €8 per day)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The carpark is tiny with a small amount of spaces so it's very hard to get actually get a spot there unless you're there first thing in the morning, in the evening or just lucky to arrive as someone is leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭rgfuller

There are also 2 surface car parks on City Quay too, one tout's €10 per day (has a ticket machine) and the other one has €45 per week deal (daily rate here not so good - has a guy in a hut). Unclamping charge is quite high should you get caught-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DAMLAR

Turned up today to park in Apollo but gates closed with sign up saying car park closed, spoke to the man that seems to manage it and was told Dublin City Council closed them down along with many others in area????:confused:

Been parking there now 3 days a week for last 4 months, whats the story :confused:
    ended up being 30 mins late for work as I had to find another alternative via a one way system and paid well over my budget today:mad:

Has the council decided all cheaper car parks offering better value should be closed - have they never heard of a competitive market?

Anyone else experienced this today or recently any info or background into why.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Car park beside Connolly station is 7.50 a day (open 24 hours) / 1.50 an hour

http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/connolly-station-car--21031

Know a couple of lads who where parking there a month ago for this rate, so assume it hasn't changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Great thread! I'm always looking for cheap car parks.

I found a good one on Saturday - Smithfield car park, entrance on Queen St. The pedestrian exit is beside the Lighthouse Cinema.

Only €5 all day Saturday & Sunday

Open from about 8am to 11.30pm

Luas stop & Dublinbikes stop nearby. So a cheap place to park if you're shopping. You could walk down to Henry St. too.

Sorry about all you people who need a car park Monday to Friday.

I think the Four Courts car park (on Ushers Island, behind the garage) were offering cheap rates, I'll try find out.

edit:
    The Usher's Island car park also has €5 daily rates for Saturday/Sunday.
    Unfortunately no special offers on the daily rates for Monday to Friday.
    See this
    http://www.q-park.ie/tabid/425/qparkParkingLocatorvw3443/parkingDetail/ParkingID/1535/language/en-US/Default.aspx

The car park at Heuston looks the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

DAMLAR wrote: »
    Turned up today to park in Apollo but gates closed with sign up saying car park closed, spoke to the man that seems to manage it and was told Dublin City Council closed them down along with many others in area????:confused:

Been parking there now 3 days a week for last 4 months, whats the story :confused:
    ended up being 30 mins late for work as I had to find another alternative via a one way system and paid well over my budget today:mad:

Has the council decided all cheaper car parks offering better value should be closed - have they never heard of a competitive market?

Anyone else experienced this today or recently any info or background into why.

Thanks
    Possibly they were running a car park without the necessary planning permission? Seems to happen a lot and "the man" eventually catches up with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 DAMLAR

Could possibly be due to planning permisson but seems to be a proper purpose bulit facility not one that's using a spare patch of land that can be found around the city.I would be surprised its due to planning as their ground floor is for the offices built onto it.Also why have a number in the area been closed at the same time??Damlar

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭rgfuller

The City Quay Car Park has also closed, I've noticed a Planning Permission sign looking for retention of the car park - it's registered on the dublincity.ie website - though it appears to have been refused (as it 'helps commuters' as I read the notes) maybe they are appealing it...

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=2300/10&back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

I park just over portobello bridge in rathimines. a few mins walk to grafton street area and only 1.60 an hour at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Quest

Any ideas for cheapest parking option around Kildare St coming up to 7pm?

Was using the Dawson St car park on School House Lane which is quite expensive. Anything cheaper than that?
    Thanks

Advertisement