Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of Ireland

Options
  • 12-09-2008 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭

Anyone done the tour of Ireland (consumer edition) or doing it next season. I a new cyclist, well on the Road Bike anyway, and I thought I'd give the training ago and do the event for some fun. I'm off up north tomorrow to pick up my ordered bike and so I thought I'd better find a challenge to do it.

My mate and a are already going to do the Wicklow 200 (he's gunning for the 100 but i'll try to convince him)...... unfortunately the Tour of Ireland will be training for the Wicklow not the other way.

http://www.tourofireland.eu

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam, rogerb and I think one or two others from Boards did it last year. Search the forum and you'll find out how they got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

If you can do the TOI, then you could do the WW200 no problem
    The TOI is essentially 4 WW200s back to back. Although I think it is to be 5 days this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i would love to this but unfortuntaely its in the middle of college exams

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

E@gle. wrote: »
    i would love to this but unfortuntaely its in the middle of college exams

What date is it on next year ?
    Sorry - missed the link above the first time !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

What date is it on next year ?
    Sorry - missed the link above the first time !!!!!!

From the 8th to the 12th of may

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

So then, who is planning on doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Raam wrote: »

This is a goal of mine for next year but 800 euro is a bit steep I would have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Damn, Last year I read that it was 600 euro. I didn't think that 800 was so bad -- I guess getting hotels meals and support for those 5 days now and not 4 has bumbed the price.... No doubt the EURO inflation against the pound is to blame as well -- the organisers need there profits.

I would look around for other european based events but the problem is they'll all work out more expensive and I'll have to be away from home for even longer.... not good when expecting a new baby at Xmas. :)

Perhaps I'll find a way to offset the cost either way I'm committed to doing it -- just to finish not to win. I'm just starting out and about 50 miles would be my limit at the moment and my climbing still sucks but I'm working on that.... hopefully over the next few months I'll join the saturday boards rides... but i'll need to sort that with the powers that be...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »

I had thought of making it a goal for next year, but now I'm not so sure. Want to focus on the racing and that would be a very different kind of training. Having said that, let's see how disciplined I can get with regard to training. I don't know. I probably won't make up my mind until into the new year.

Advertisement